Maybe ( will you? Prt 3)

Please read the A/n at the end of the chapter, it's very important.

Y/n's POV

I stirred again, this time I was staring at my ceiling as my left hand caressed the pendant of the necklace Dan gave me, after the little fiasco with Riley, we had grown close, but he had to leave due to family emergencies, he won't come back considering how dire of an emergency it was, and as a parting gift, he gave me the necklace.

But that's not what's keeping me awake, to be honest, I don't know what is. I sat up, Indian seat, as I hugged a pillow, I growled in annoyance as I looked at the clock, it's passed 4 am. I'll be needing to go to work soon I'm 27 years old, meaning I'm an adult. How joyous, note the sarcasm. Where I work is pretty far from here, so it usually takes an hour drive. I need to be there at 6:30 am. After all, I am now the secretary of the company, but something tells me that I still don't know a lot about where I work.

I need to make a good first impression to the owner, because I just got promoted to secretary and today's my first day as secretary, I've been saying that too much. I strip my clothes and take a hot shower, I then dried my h/c, h/l hair using a dryer, I then Put it in a side braid ( if you have short hair you used clips.), I put on a maroon tube dress that's just above my knees, and I wore a dark gray, long sleeved, polo blouse, then a black neck tie with f/c accents.

I made coffee and put it In a f/c canteen/tumbler, I then put on my shoes, which were wedges. I grabbed my bag which had my phone, wallet, car keys , house keys and other stuff. I locked my door and went in the car, on the way I drank some of my coffee and ate a cookie that I packed. As estimated I arrived around 5:52, eight minutes early, I smiled and went inside the building, my car automatically locking.

" y/n! You're here early" bf/n said as she joined me inside the elevator, she's my co worker as well, which turned out very coincidental," oh, and you look fabulous ,honey" I smiled," thanks bf/n, you don't look to bad yourself" I replied as she made a small curtsey. The elevator stopped and we went our separate ways," see you at lunch!" She waved at me, and I waved back.

I inhaled and knocked at the huge glass doors in front of me, I heard a soft 'come in', so I fixed myself and walked in, " good morning sir" I greeted, he was sitting on his chair, back facing me.
"You must be my new secretary, nice to meet you."," nice to meet you too sir" his voice sounded familiar, yet, comforting, almost hypnotizing. " my name is Darren jayce h/l/n, what might be yours?" He finally asked facing me, however his eyes went wide," y/n? Y/n l/n? Is that you?" He asked, his head tilted," Darren! Hi! I haven't seen you in a long time! I didn't know you owned this company," I said, as we hugged, Darren is c/n's older brother, like, by one year.

C/n and Darren were adopted by the same family however the only member they had left died,so I guess they had no idea that that they're real father owned this place, plus I'm surprised he let them keep their adoptive names." Yeah, father wanted c/n to take over when he found us, but he turned it down, cuz he was planning on..... Marrying..... Someone." Darren stated, not wanting to say her name," anyway, when was the last time we saw each other? When you where what, 16?" He said with a laugh, and I nodded.

He stopped and Ruffled my hair a bit," puberty did you good l/n." He said, making me blush," whatever dude." He laughed at the fact I was Blushing," why the blush? I though you had a thing for c/n?" I frowned and fixed my tie, I then bit my lip," it would be considered slacking if we just stood here and chatted, what work do you have for me.... Sir." I said trying to change the subject.

This time, he frowned," it was just a joke, sorry... And, no need to call me 'sir', it's too formal," I nodded as he gave me a sad smile before walking over to his desk," well, since your new to being a secretary, the least I can do is show you your work place, he then gestured to his left, where there was another set of glass doors, Darren's office was mostly glass, but translucent, for privacy reasons, and so was my office.