Chapter 19

Simone p.o.v

Cat lay on the couch dozing off again since the doctor finished cleaning her wound. It was about 12 and her family was on the way to get her. We had arrived home late last night and Cat was out cold so we waited till the morning, when she was awake enough to remember the information, to call her family.

Lauren and Cassie were in the kitchen talking. I sat down beside Cat and shook her gently.

"Hey wake up." She didn't budge. I pinched her arm and she jerked awake.

"Ouch! Holy shit that hurt." She pouted at me, "Why are you interrupting my nap??"

"Your family is on the way. I wanted to talk to you before they got here." I smiled apologetically.

"What's up?"

"I want to stay in contact with you. It's been a hell of a month and it's going to be weird not being around you 24/7. I've grown a bit more than fond of you."

She lay her hands on mine. "I feel the same. I feel safe around you."

"Just know you can come see me anytime no matter how late or early. Once we get phones we can exchange numbers."

Cat nodded. "Yes definitely."

I rubbed my thumb against her hand searching for words to say what I really wanted to say.

"Cat I--"

Knock knock knock!

The knocks on the door were urgent and I jumped up to open it.

A small lady rushed in and a man followed. They immediately went to Cats side kissing her and talking in what sounded like Spanish. Cassie and Lauren came back into the living room.

"Mama this is Cassie, she sent the people to save me. That's Simone and Lauren is her sister. This is mi mama, Elena. And mi papa Antonio" Cat introduced us. Her mother embraced Cassie thanking her and crying. Her father, a seemingly soft spoken man simply smiled, nodded and held Cats hand as he sat beside her on the couch.

"I'll send the doctor to your house until she heals, free of cost." Cassie smiled as she returned Elenas hug.

"I can't thank you enough." She said again. Cat grinned.

"Mama you're going to break her if you keep squeezing her like that."

She let go and instead hugged Cat.

"Let's get you home so you can rest, everyone's waiting for you."

Cat groaned as she climbed over into her wheelchair, "Elena I don't want to deal with everyone I want to sleep."

"They just want to make sure you're ok, be polite."

I hugged Cat goodbye as they wheeled her past me. I love you I whispered quickly. Her brow furrowed and she mouth what as she tried to turn to look at me but her mother was talking and wheeling her out. Her father lifted her into his van and buckled her in. I stood at the door so that I could wave them off. Cat made eye contact with me and smiled slightly as her father closed the door to the car. I watched as they drove off down the street. My chest felt heavy inside.

Lauren came and stood beside me.

"You ok?" She asked.

I nodded as I stepped back inside and closed the door. I sat down on the couch and sighed. I felt like a part of me was missing.