Chapter 20

Michelle p.o.v

We had all just gotten home from going to the mall. Cassie had bought Simone and Lauren new phones the decided to get them for the rest of us so we'd spent well over an hour in AT&T. Afterwards everyone pretty much got preoccupied with switching and customizing their phones so we sat in the living room staring at the screens. After a while we ordered a pizza and sat around talking.

"4 weeks till we go back to school. 5 weeks till class starts." Simone said.

"Feels like we've been out forever. This is the home stretch though. I'm so ready to graduate." Amina added.

I was surprised they were talking. Lauren had filled me in on what had went down between them earlier.

"So what's your plan?" Simone directed at Lauren. Lauren glanced at me then Cassie.

"Cassie wants me to move to New York with her. I can work for her company."

Simone thought for a moment,

"Are you sure about that? What if y'all break up?"

"We won't." Cassie jumped in, "And if we do she can just move into her own place."

"Or with us." I added.

Simone nodded. "We should figure out were mom and dad are. No point of keeping this house if everyone is leaving."

"Last post card was from Australia. They usually calm every few months it's way past due." Lauren said.

"What about you?" Simone directed at me.

"Eva and I are getting an apartment in New York."

"So we can be neighbors!" Lauren grinned at me and I rolled me eyes,

Knock knock knock

There was a soft knock on the door. Cassie got up and opened it.

"Catalina! Come on in." Cassie looked surprised and raised an eyebrow in Simone's direction.

Catalina entered and Simone jumped up to hug her.

"Sooner than I expected." She whispered to her.

"You said anytime." Catalina whispered back.

"Well," Simone gestured to us "You already know Lauren and Cassie. This is Michelle and Eva, they're a couple. And that's Amina."

We smiled and mumbled hellos.

"It's nice to meet you all. Amina I've heard so much about you."

Amina raised an eyebrow and smirked, "And I've heard a lot about you."

"All good I hope."

"Some would describe it as mediocre but whatever helps your pride Catalina." Amina smirked looking please with herself.

My eyes widened as Catalina shifted her feet. The air was thick with awkwardness. She cleared her throat,

"Just Cat is fine.... Simone can we talk, privately."

If looks could kill the one Amina was throwing at Simone was lethal.