So Kavya, tell me about yourself.

The few days he mentioned passed in a blur. Before I knew, I was in court representing KR Associates.

"Your honour, these are the doctor's reports." I handed over the documents to the man beside; he handed it to the judge and I continued.

"The X-ray clearly shows the broken bones in the second -petitioner's arm. The four year old was a victim of her father's drunken behaviour. The respondent is an alcoholic and has even been captured by the media for his abusive behaviour."

I was appearing for Shivani, ex-wife of movie star Ashwin Saxena. They had a daughter Vani and we were fighting for her custody.

The judge asked me to continue after studying the files.

"He might be financially able to meet her needs, but so is the first petitioner. These are her income statements." I handed over the next set of papers.

After I was done with my arguments, the opposition lawyer presented his. Soon it was time for the verdict.

"After taking all the points into consideration, the court has decided to give Shivani Gupta full custody of Vani Saxena. Ashwin Saxena can meet the child on every alternate Saturdays in the presence of the child's mother."

That was it, I had succeeded the first time I represented a case in court. I saw a small smile appear on Gaurav's face through the corner of my eye.

"You did good. I told you you were ready." He told me as we both stepped out of the courtroom.

"I guess I was."

"Anyways, from now on I won't be coming to family court. It is all up to you now."

"No no no. I am not ready for that yet." I told him.

In fact, if he hadn't pressurised me, I wouldn't have done this today.

"Believe me, you are. I will be there, you can come to me for help anytime."

"Still,..."

"No more arguments Kavya. It is final, I have decided. You ready to go?" He had moved on from the topic before I could argue more.

"Yes."

It was already fifteen minutes past five and all I wanted to do was go home and have a peaceful night. The ride back to office was peaceful until he spoke.

"I need you work late today. Our oldest client ArcTech had merged with eNet last week. Now the previous CEO of eNet is suing them. I need you to help me dig out all the paperwork from the previous cases and the files of the merger. You are okay with that right?"

Of course not, I wasn't okay with that. All I wanted to do was to go home. But, when he gave me the job, he had mentioned late nights at work. This was the first time he had asked, I couldn't say no.

"Sure."

"Great."

Maya had already left by the time we reached.

"I'll be in my cabin if you need me." I told him.

"Actually I was going for a coffee; we'll start right after that." He told me. I nodded and went inside.

Gaurav came in a few seconds later, "Why don't you join me?" He asked.

"Oh, it is okay. I am fine."

"Come on, you might be tired. I saw how nervous you were. Just have a coffee, I assure you, you will feel refreshed. Come on now, I insist."

"Okay."