It was a pleasure working with you

"Kavya, you are back early. I was expecting your brother. He said he was coming today." Gunjan said as she opened the door.

I didn't say anything in response and rushed to my room. Seeing Amit so close to the first death anniversary of my son did not do me any good.

"What happened Kavya? Is everything all right? Did someone say anything to you?"

I didn't want to burden her with my problems. It could affect her pregnancy.

"It is nothing serious bhabhi , nothing for you to worry about."

"Don't you dare lie to me Kavya, I know you are hiding something."

She demanded to know what it was and I couldn't help but open up to her. Tears wouldn't stop flowing, so I cried till there was nothing left for me to cry about.

"I am not saying that you did a good thing by running away from there. After what you heard from those neighbours, you should have faced him and let him know that he doesn't affect you anymore. You are good the way things are now. Anyways, since he didn't see you there, it is fine. You don't have to worry about anything Kavya, your brother and I will always be there for you."

Gunjan left me after a while and I turned to my painting kit. Images of Rishi running around as I painted came to me. I pushed those memories aside and focussed on the canvas. I worked on it for almost two hours and would have continued if Karthik hadn't forced me out of my room. I had no clue when he had reached.

"We should go out for dinner." Karthik suggested. It was my fault, I was supposed to make dinner. Karthik had asked me to take care of Gunjan and I got caught up in my life drama.

"I don't think so, I had lied to my boss that I am not well. I can't risk being seen at restaurants. You both go ahead."

"We are not going if you are not coming." Gunjan said. I didn't want the two of them to stay in just because I was doing so.

"You guys should go out. Also Gunjan you stay at home all the time, you need some fresh air. Get me something to eat on your way back."

"You sure about that?" Even though Karthik asked that, I knew he needed some time alone with his wife.

"Positive, just go now."

"Now? We aren't leaving for another one hour." Karthik said and I turned to look at the time. It was only seven.

We sat and talked for a while and they managed to get my mind off Amit and mainly Rishi. Around eight, they left for dinner and I went back to my painting.

A few minutes later the calling bell rang. Did Karthik forget something? I opened the door to a shocked Gaurav. He was shocked at my appearance and I realised I had paint all over me.

"Gaurav, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were, you left office without even saying anything."

What was I supposed to say to him? I couldn't tell him the truth, well, I didn't want to.

"Come on in." I said and he accepted.

I checked myself in the mirror on the way to the living room. I had bloodshot eyes from all the crying earlier and I hadn't even bothered to wash my face which gave me a not well look.

"How are you feeling? You look tired." Gaurav said confirming my thoughts.

"I am getting better, I think."

"And what is with this look, I know you like to paint, but when you are not feeling well?"

"Actually when I get sick, I feel very depressed, painting helps improve my mood. I've been doing this from a very young age."