The Wedding - 2

It was Sunday and I wasn't ready to go attend a wedding. I didn't have t to go the function until five in the evening. I got up from my bed at eleven, made myself a light brunch and lazed around.

After taking a shower a little later, I let my hair to dry naturally. I was ironing my outfit for the night when my phone rang. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello." I spoke to the phone as I answered."

"Hey, Kavya, it is me Gaurav."

I felt kind of relieved that it was him.

"If you are wondering, I am calling you from my landline number."

"Oh, is there something I can do for you?" I asked him hoping this was an official call.

"Oh no, nothing. I was wondering if you wanted a ride to the wedding tonight?"

"Thank you for asking Gaurav. But, Maya and her husband already offered and I said yes."

"Okay then. I guess I'll see you there."

"Sure."

"But, hey, do we need to bring a date?"

"No, there is nothing like that. Though, Shreya wouldn't mind if you want to."

"In that case, tell Maya you are coming with me. You can be my date."

What do I say to that?

"Gaurav, it is a nice thing to say. Again, thank you but, I have to refuse. The thing is I promised to help her and I am going in early."

"Alright then. See you soon"

"Thanks again for understanding. I'll see you there."

I did feel a bit bad for turning him down twice in two minutes. But, I was saying the truth.

I draped the saree around me. It was a multicoloured saree with orange and pink in the pallu. It had a simple but elegant golden border. The body of the saree was a beige colour with golden works in the end. I had donned a beige colour blouse with a pink border and three fourth sleeves.

I found an antique styled bangle that I felt would match my outfit and slipped it onto my right hand. I also slipped a ring that came with the bangle into my finger. I found matching earrings to go with it.

I brushed my hair next and teased it a bit in the top. I created a little bump and tied the top in a half up/half down hairdo. I curled the ends of my hair and brushed it to give it a flow.

I was not a big fan of makeup and let it be natural. I applied a little mascara and kajal that made my eyes pop. I was satisfied with what I saw in the mirror. I heard my phone ring. It was Maya.

"Hello." I said.

"Hey, I am sorry to say, but I don't think I can pick you up today. Can you find another ride?"

I am pretty sure I am being punished for turning down Gaurav's offer.

"Oh it is okay. I can."

"I am really sorry, but Raghav got called in. I think I'll be a little late. You should go early though. She would be expecting us. Please tell her I am sorry too. I'll try to come as early as possible."

"I'll tell her. Don't worry."

I was thinking of what to do when I got a message from Shreya asking where I was. She said Neha was already there and they were in the salon. I knew I was late since she wanted me too to accompany her to the salon. I felt bad.