Confessions

I was dreading Sunday like anything. Maya and Neha couldn't stop teasing me all week. All I wanted was for the week to end. Then again, I had to sit through lunch with them.

It was Saturday and I was having dinner with my brother and sister in law.

"So, about tomorrow, are we going out for lunch...?" Gunjan cut in before Karthik could even finish the question.

"No. We are preparing lunch."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep, I am really confident that you both can manage it."

"Oh yeah, madam is going to use her pregnancy card on us."

"And I believe you are also half responsible for me being in this situation."

Well, recently this had become a common occurrence. Karthik would blame her on using the 'pregnancy card', as he liked to put it, all the time and she would blame him for landing her in that state. They would argue back and forth for a while and then make up.

"Stop it guys, I get it. You've been having this conversation for days and believe me, I know how this ends."

"All right."

"You are right." Both of them said together.

"Thank you; now let us get to the matter in hand. I am okay with preparing the food. Gunjan just tell me what would you like to eat."

"Why does she get to choose?"

"Repeat the earlier conversation in your mind and the ending line I believe will be 'she deserves it Kavya, after all she is carrying my child." I said and Gunjan laughed.

"True that."

I was preparing a list of the items I needed to prepare food the net day when Gunjan came into my room.

"Bhabhi, do you need something?"

"Oh come on Kavya, can't I come to your room for no reason?"

"You sure can." I said while she sat down on the lone chair in my bedroom, the seat I earlier occupied.

"Wrote down everything you need?"

"Yes. Do you want me to make you something specific?"

"What are you making?"

"Well, for starters I am making vegetable cutlets. For main course we have Chicken Biryani and for dessert I am planning to make Gulab Jamuns."

"Awesome. But make sure you stuff the cutlet with well mashed potatoes. Well, just potatoes and chilli and onions, nothing more."

"Sure, I'll make it the way you want them."

"Great, now since that is settled, there is something I want to talk to you about." She said.

I sat down on the edge of my bed, facing her.

"What is it Bhabhi? Is there something going on between you and bhai?" I asked as she seemed reluctant to speak.

"No, no. Everything is fine between us. The daily banter is nothing."

"I am glad to hear that. So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about you Kavya."

Oh, I know where this conversation is headed.

"What about me?"

"You know, Kavya, you really do know. I want to talk about Gaurav and the fact that he has feelings for you."