Prologue

She stared at him from afar.

He was amazing, so amazing that the shy girl could never approach him. She always watched from far away, watching his every movement, everywhere he went she followed. She stuck to the shadows, the boy never seeming to notice. When the young girl had first noticed him, he had become paranoid, glancing over his shoulder nearly every second, but his friends and family soon reassured him that it was only his imagination.

The young girl awoke at sunrise each morning, snatching a cookie from the kitchen. The teen had a major sweet tooth, much to her parents' frustration. She then skipped out the door of her small house, stopping immediately when she saw the boy. He was the definition of perfect to her. His black hair seemed to sway with the wind oh so perfectly, while his big blue eyes seemed to have the most beautiful sparkle. She looked at the ground, her brown eyes widening as she nibbled on the cookie she held tightly in her hands. The boy didn't even notice her as she walked by, talking with one of his friends.

Once he passed, she let out a rather loud sigh, looking at the rising sun. She only wished for one thing, and that was to be noticed. The brunette never seemed to be noticed by anybody, it was as though she was only a filler in the rather large world. It was as though she was born only to fill up the empty space the word had to offer.

She absent mindedly followed her Senpai, glancing up as she saw the sky begin to darken. She knew it was going to rain soon, yet she knew the two boys she was following were no where near their houses. They didn't seem to notice the weather changing. She payed no attention to the weather, pushing it to the back of her mind as she stalked behind the two boys. She found it quite depressing that she had been following him for almost two years now, yet he had never noticed her. Was she really that unnoticeable?

Thunder boomed, making the girl flinch in shock. She then relaxed, smiling as she noticed the boys begin to head home. Hopefully her beloved Senpai wouldn't catch a cold. The rain then began pouring down, making the three quicken their pace. The girl pouted as she saw the boys' hair begin to cling to his face. She wondered if he liked the rain.

Out of the corner of her eye, the girl spotted lighting striking down somewhere in the distance. She could only hope a lighting storm wasn't coming. Her Senpai could get hurt.  She watched as Senpai's friend hurried into his house, waving before bolting inside. It was just her and him. She knew this would be a good chance to speak to him, though her heart seemed to stop at the thought.

She silently cursed at herself, running forwards so she ran alongside her Senpai. He glanced sidelong at her, shock written on his face, though it only showed for a moment. "Hello," Her heart fluttered, "I don't think I've seen you before." Her heart dropped like an anchor. Her dear Senpai had never noticed her. Well, now was her chance, she could finally spend some time with him. She let out a sound that sounded like 'Ah-huh', though she was unsure if he heard her over the booming thunder. "I'm Jean," Even his name was enchanting, "What's your name?" He questioned, smiling at the girl as he turned a corner, the girl scrambling to keep up. "A-Alexandria," She was unsure he heard her, though once he let out a laugh her face turned red. "How about Alex for short?" Her eyes widened. She was already being given a pet name? How fantastic!

Her voice failed her as she attempted to respond, only to arrive at his house. "See you tomorrow, Alex." Her Senpai waved with a wide grin at her, making her blush as he closed the door. He wanted to see her again?

______

The next day, Alexandria hesitantly walked out of her house, looking to her right to see her Senpai, right on schedule. The same friend from yesterday walked beside him, confusion on his face as his friend waved to the girl. Jean explained to his friend how the two met, and how she was his new friend. She felt butterflies in her stomach knowing now she was no longer ignored by him.