Chapter 14

Alexandria let out a sigh, smiling at the men as they handed her a card. She took it, though she knew she wouldn't be using it. As she walked inside, the brunette closed her umbrella. She watched as the men closed the doors behind her.

Looking to her left and right, she cringed as she saw familiar pirates. They didn't notice her presence, much to her relief. She noticed one all too familiar crew, causing her to smile as she walked forwards.

She sat in the back row, beside Shachi. He looked over at her curiously, so did Bepo, though she didn't return their glances.

"Well then," The two averted their attention forwards, "Let's start the auction," Alexandria couldn't contain her excitement, hoping that the first slave would be the mermaid. Yes, she knew they would be enslaved, but they were already doomed to their fate. There was nothing she could do. From her surroundings and all the talk about slavery, she could only assume she was in Sabaody Archapeligo, and that Celestial Dragons would be here. No chance the slaves could be saved.

______

Alexandria fiddled with the handle of her umbrella, looking around anxiously. "And up next is entry number fourteen,"

She looked up, but no mermaid. "The item is a female human," Alexandria shivered as he referred to the woman as an item, "Of course, she can do chores, and she is skilled at many different games, from trump to chess, and as such, she should be quite capable of keeping you entertained!" Alexandria narrowed her eyes as she noticed the shadow above the poor girl's eyes. She pitied her, though there was nothing she alone could do.

"We'll start from six hundred thousand Beli!" Alexandria listened as people began bidding, a frown forming on her face as she watched the slave's unchanging expression. The final bid was placed, causing Alexandria to look down at her lap.

"Now, things are heating up, in this grand human auction!" Alexandria rolled her eyes, "Our next entry is an instant purchase for sure!" She looked up, seeing a beautiful woman with lavender hair. She felt a pang of jealousy, seeing how beautiful the woman was. "Entry number fifteen is a knockout female slave! Please observe the miraculous proportions of this twenty year old dancer, Pathae!" Alexandria played with her umbrella nervously, pitying the poor girl. "She's one of today's big draws!" Looking up, Alexandria's eyes became glassy as she saw tears on the brim of Pathae's eyes. "Her marvellous dancing figure is sure to impress even the heavens! This beautiful dancer Pathae gets an amazing starting bid of eight thousand!"

As the bids began, Alexandria sighed in disappointment. People buying other human beings. The final bid was placed, and the woman was escorted away.

Alexandria glanced over her shoulder as she heard the door open. She rose an eyebrow as she saw a Celestial Dragon. Someone of his caliber was this late? Once he began beating one of his slaves, her eyes widened. She quickly turned to the front, causing Shachi to glance over at her. Noticing her shaky hands, he tapped her shoulder. She looked over at him, her head gesturing towards the door. He looked over, nodding in realization as he saw the chubby man cruelly kicking the slave. The man then walked to his seat, people nervously glancing over at him.

"Well then, it seems we're ready..." Alexandria looked towards the stage, seeing a man stumbling forwards, "Entry number sixteen is... Can you believe it? A pirate captain!" Her eyes widened as she looked at the man, his crew coming to her mind, "Take a good look at him! A wanted man with a bounty of seventeen million Beli, his name is Lucaba!" Alexandria couldn't recall knowing anyone by that name, "He is a pirate well known for his acupuncture. His well built body is worthy of note as well. He'd make an excellent transport, hard worker, or sandbag!" Seeing his near sick face, Alexandria couldn't help but look away.

She began tuning out the auction, playing with her umbrella as she ignored everyone. Once she heard screams of the man collapsing, she clenched her eyes shut, taking a deep breath.

Once the lights went off, Alexandria looked up. "Countless people have tried to capture one..." Alexandria's lips twitched, "Please look at this silhouette!"

A light turned on, making her jaw drop. It was the mermaid.