Chapter 18

"Fire the mortars!"

Alexandria grinned, holding the chain strap of her bag tightly. She tugged on the strap, the bottom of the bag falling to reveal nunchucks.

With one hand, she swung at the canon ball, sending it straight back to the men who had shot at her.

"Be careful, three of them have devil fruit powers!" At least they got that right, Alexandria thought sourly. "Our main priority is to save the hostages, concentrate the troops in this area, same with the mortar canons!"

Alexandria watched happily as they began lining up, her excitement cut short as Kidd put out his hands to stop the three others. "Keep your hands out of this, you'll only get in my way." Alexandria rose an eyebrow as she turned to him, "Didn't I tell you?" Law lectured, "If you try to order me around..."

She gasped as Luffy went charging forwards, her umbrella nearly flying out of her grip. "Fire, shoot him!" Alexandria gasped as they began shooting at the boy, "Gomu gomu no; rubber net!" Alexandria leaned forwards in surprise as she saw his ability. "It's like he's an elastic," She exclaimed in awe, watching as he began swinging the canon balls in a circle, thinking he was going to throw it back at the troops.

She gasped as one escaped his fingers, dodging out of the way. "Oh my god, chill!" Alexandria yelled at the boy, "Sorry!" He said with a smile, making her bite her lip. Luffy was a bit too childish for her liking.

"Start with Straw Hat Luffy!" The soldiers ran forwards, only for him to drop the canon balls on top of them. Alexandria wondered how many casualties he caused, though she kept silent. The soldiers began firing the mortar canons again, Luffy dodging with ease. When his straw hat flew away, Alexandria rose an eyebrow as he hurried to catch it. Was it really that important?

Alexandria gasped as the weapons on the ground began scrambling towards her, shrieking as she stepped back. Looking to her right, she saw Eustass Kidd, who looked at her with a slightly annoyed expression. "Repel," She watched as the bundle of weapons the man collected seemed to dart away from him. "Interesting," She said, the man ignoring her.

"You guys sure have some weird powers..." Luffy said to the two men, Alexandria rolling her eyes with a small smile. "At least they have powers, Straw Hat-Yo," Luffy laughed, holding his straw hat, "Yeah!"

The group then looked forwards, not surprised to see a line of men pointing their guns at the small group. The soldiers looked terrified, talking about waiting for admiral Kizaru. "Think we're gonna wait for that?" Law asked with a smirk, tossing the head towards the marines.

Alexandria watched with amusement as the marines fussed over the head. "Room," Alexandria readied her hand which held her nunchucks, "Length," Once she said that, the chain of her nun chucks expanded, causing her to smile wickedly. She swung the long chain back, "Scold!" The chain quickly turned red, and once the long chain made contact with the large group of marines, cries of pain were heard. "Hot!" One exclaimed, "It's like lava!" Another screamed, "Sorcery!" She only giggled, twirling her umbrella victoriously.

Kidd and Luffy brought down two gigantic fists, wiping out most of the marines.

"Man, it's already gotten this bad?" Alexandria looked over her shoulder, seeing the crews were already outside. "You're overdoing it, captain..." Her eyes darted over to Shachi, who hadn't noticed her.

"Hey, what happened to you, Staw Hat-Ya?" Alexandria looked over, her eyes widening. She held a hand over her mouth, eventually breaking out into hysterical laughter. "A-are these t-the side affects from that ability you last used?" She giggled, holding her stomach.

"It seems the pirates have come out of the auction house, sir." Alexandria smiled at this, fighting the urge to look back at the group again.

They began aiming the mortar canons at the people who didn't have devil fruit abilities, angering Alexandria. "Length," She said again, this time her nun chuck shortening to its original size.

"Here they come. The enemy seems to have run out of strategies, so now it's just a full out brawl." Alexandria glanced over at Kidd, her eyes widening as Luffy began rising. "Ah, I'm back to normal!" He said with a grin, making Alexandria giggle.

"See you later, Straw Hat. It was a pleasure meeting you, but I won't show you any mercy the next time you meet." Alexandria nodded, picking her bag up and sliding her nunchucks back into the two slots, watching as it clipped securely. "Yes," She said, "I have to get going as well, Straw Hat-Yo, but you really are something," She smiled as she stood, "You may be different, but I promise I will take you down once I see you again." Luffy thought for a moment, "But, I'll be the one who finds One Piece!"

Alexandria froze, her grip on her umbrella tightening.

A man swing an axe at Kidd, though it was swiftly blocked by Killer, who immediately killed the man, though she barely noticed. As Kidd trailed off in a rather short speech, the only thing she heard was 'let us meet in the new world'. "Let's go you guys!" Once Kidd yelled that, Alexandria swiftly turned around.

"Amanda?" She exclaimed, looking through the crowd of people, "You have to be here,"

The 'yo' honourifics Alexandria uses at the end of people's names are from her village. The old lady at the books store said yo at the end of her sentences, so I thought she could use it at the end of names. Do you like it?