Chapter 4

Alexandria waved to the two kind men as she got up from her seat, a smile on her face as the three of them said goodbye. It was a surprise the two of them were pirates, as they were quite kind to her, though she didn't seem to mind. She reminded herself not to judge a book by its cover, though that didn't stop her from being a bit suspicious of them. After all, pirates were known to be deceiving.

As she walked out, she sucked in a breath as she was nearly tackled to the ground, the door closing behind her with a crash as she stumbled. She looked down, seeing Sophia once again. "You must work here," The child exclaimed happily, looking up with a grin. Alexandria heard the door open behind her, though she ignored it. "N-no," She exclaimed, her eyes darting around awkwardly, looking anywhere but the poor child's eyes. "Eh?" Once Alexandria looked into Sophia's eyes, she immediately regretted it, as her innocent blue eyes held a look of confusion and hurt.

"W-well, I, uh, just got back from work! Yeah," Alexandria said, gingerly plucking the young girl's arms off of her. "Oh, that makes sense!" She beamed at her, though thee two froze once they heard a chuckle from the doorway of the cafe. Alexandria looked back, blushing in embarrassment once she saw Shachi and Penguin standing there, smiles on both their faces. "I didn't know you had a little sister," Shachi said, causing Alexandria to play with her hair as she looked at the floor, her face turning red. "Yup," Alexandria looked at Sophia in alarm as she hugged the older woman's waist, "We're sisters!"

"Let's get one thing straight," Alexandria's voice was firm, surprising the two pirates, "We are not sisters." She turned, flipping her hair as she prepared to head home. She gasped as she felt legs wrap around her waist, arms holding her shoulders firmly. Alexandria let out a squeak of alarm, attempting to get the child off of her as she flailed her arms out wildly. Shachi and Penguin broke out laughing, watching the scene before them. Eventually, Sophia successfully got her legs onto Alexandria's shoulders, her hands holding her hair firmly. The elder girl stopped struggling, stopping in front of the two grinning men, a tick mark appearing on her head.

"I hate kids,"

Author's Note
Sorry this is so short, and once again I apologize for the crappy drawing I drew >.<