Chapter 5

Sophia pulled on Alexandria's hair, practically steering her around the village. People watched, amused looks on their faces, much to her embarrassment. Shachi and Penguin had bid their farewells, then headed towards the docks, leaving Alexandria alone with the demon.

She laughed and giggled as the woman scurried around, letting out soft yelps as Sophia roughly tugged on her long hair. There was no doubt in her mind that she looked like an idiot.

Eventually, Alexandria grew tired, Sophia recognizing the woman's pants of exhaustion. The young child hopped off of her shoulders, causing the brunette to sigh in relief. The raven haired child grinned, watching as the woman caught her breath. "Haven't ran like that in so long," Alexandria said under her breath, Sophia straining her ears to hear, "Then you should work out more, miss," Alexandria glared at the oblivious child, a tick mark appearing at the side of her head, "I told you not to call me that!"

The child turned, "Let's go explore some more,"

Alexandria lowered her head in depression, "So innocent..."

As the child walked off, the woman was torn between letting her go or following her. Once the child looked over her shoulder beaming, Alexandria hurried forwards, cursing at herself under her breath.

Alexandria's eyes widened as she caught sight of the book store, a small smile reaching her face. She remembered her favorite author had released a new book, and it had been in the newspaper not too long ago. "Hey," Sophia looked up with a grin, "Mind if I go in there?" She pointed at the store, to which the child darted forwards, racing Alexandria, though the brunette calmly followed behind the girl.

The child burst through the doors, an agitated Alexandria following behind her. She muttered an apology to the elder woman who ran the store, who sent a warm smile towards the two young girls. Alexandria walked forwards, going into the Fiction isle. Sophia wandered off, soon finding the small section which was dedicated to children's books.

Sophia looked through the rather small assortment of picture books, a big smile on her face as she looked at the books. She was still learning how to read, as she was a slow learner, and didn't get many books. She picked one book up, ignoring the nearly nonexistent amount of pages as she looked at the cover. It was white, animals placed here and there, most having the shade white somewhere on their bodies, but in the middle of  all the glorious animals was a child. Sophia struggled to read the tittle, and after a moment, she came up with 'Arctic Adventures'.

The boy in the middle had big green eyes, along with short brown hair and freckles. She couldn't help but admire the cover of the book, her mind wandering to what it could be about. Sophia jumped as she was tapped on the shoulder. She looked over, then her eyes widened. She looked from the book, then behind her.

"You're on the cover!" She exclaimed happily, making the polar bear flinch.