Chapter 9

Authors note
Oh my god, Shachi keeps appearing in my autocorrect box
And yes, I type on my phone

Law smirked at the terrified brunette. "Your sister happened to stumble upon my men earlier," A light blush reached the girl's face as she pouted, "She is not my sister," The surgeon rose an eyebrow at the woman, "Then just who is that child?" With a small sigh she answered, "An annoying kid who won't leave me alone,"

She looked away from the man, looking at the water which swished by her feet. Law was unsure she actually meant her claim, as the look on her face said otherwise. "Are you positive?"

Law walked forwards, sitting next to her, though a little farther back, as to avoid the sea water which she kept kicking.

"Yes," Her voice was firm, but once Law looked at her, he could see her uncertainty. "Why does she follow you?" The man asked, watching the ripples interrupt the calm ocean water. "Food," Law chuckled, shaking his head, "Are you positive?" The woman nodded, and this time, Law saw she was entirely certain this child was a complete glutton.

"There must be an additional reason," Law said to the girl, who looked over at him in confusion. She was unsure as to why he was speaking with her, but she was too scared to address him. "Well, that's all she's wanted from me so far."

Law nodded in understanding, rising from the damp wood. "Can you not tell her your opinion of her presence?" Alexandria sighed, shaking her head, "As much as I hate kids, this one seems different," Law stopped, "The poor thing doesn't look like she has any other friends. I want her to leave me alone, but I can't say that. Yeah, I'm afraid to tell her, but I bet she's even more terrified than me. I'm her only friend, aren't I? From how I've treated her, she probably feels even worse than me."

Trafalgar Law quickly turned, heading for the village with a quick pace, her words repeating in his head.