(2) CHAPTER #20

LUCY's POV

THE only thing that you can heard in entire place was the sound creating by the staff of this hospital. I took a glance on the wall where I can see the clock - my mouth parted when I realize its just five minutes since I start waiting for the result of his operation.

"He will be fine, Princess" I heard Zeref said to me as he gently pat my head. I know he will be fine... but I'm scared...

I nodded to him not wanting to say anything because I could feel it. If I open my mouth right now, I am very sure that my tears will also come out.

"I contacted Sting and Rogue any moment they'll be here. Do you want me to buy something for you so you could relax?" I shook my head before I bit my lower lips and looked at him blankly - Zeref kneel in front of me as he gently touches my cheeks "You have to stay strong, okay"

"O-Okay" those words barely escaped in my lips before Zeref pulled me into a tight hug.

I didn't stop him and I didn't move away from him. I shut down my mine and just let the comfort of his hug warm the coldness of mine.

I immediately stood up the moment when the doctor opened the door of the operating room. My whole body was shaking as I went to him "H-How was he? Is he okay?" I say my voice is so shaky.

He looked at me before he shook his head "I've done everything I can do," he pauses "Due to the trauma on his brain because of the accident, he might have a vision problem or worst blindness"

My tears suddenly fall down the moment I heard what he had said - my mouth parted as I tried to swallowed my sobs so I could say something, or anything to him but my own words failed me. "He's stable now but we need to put him in ICU so we can monitor him," he pauses "Let's just hope that he will be wake up without any complication"

"Thank you" I whisper as another sobs broke down in my throat. I can't lose it now, not when he needs me.