Prologue

Arriving

Kylie's POV~

I sighed for the fifth time this entire ride. My head leaned against the window of the cab, and I stared out the window at the traffic light that just switched from red to green. I was getting closer and closer to the National Academy of Dance, and I couldn't be more mortified.

What would people think of a girl like me, who just showed up in the middle of the year?

They'd probably hate me.

I started to dig my nails into the skin of my thumb.

Look on the bright side Kylie, this has been you're life long dream. And yes there has been many trials and tribulations leading up to this point, but you're here for a reason.

They accepted you for a reason.

The car came to a stop, and I examined the large building.

I'm sweating.

"This is your stop, kid." The driver announced. I looked up and into the rear view mirror to meet eyes with the man.

I gave a weak smile and a nod, my eyes followed the man, whom went around the back of the cab and opened the trunk. I took that as my queue to get out of the car.

"Ah, there you are!" A middle aged woman with dark brown hair spoke. "You must be Kylie Brewer. I'm Mrs. Raine, the principal. Welcome to the National Academy of Dance, I'll be right back with your tour guide... of some sort." She seemed to grumble the last part.

A few moments later she returned with a blonde-headed girl trudging behind her. She didn't appear to be happy but as soon as her eyes met mine, she perked up with excitement.

"I guess I'll show you the way around here." She said with a smile.

"No messing around Katrina, and I mean it." Mrs. Raine warned, before smiling at me and walking away.

"Here, let me help you with your stuff." She said, grabbing one of my bags. "Onward!"

I laughed lightly and followed her to wherever she was taking me.

"I'm Kat by the way." She said, holding out her free hand. I looked down to my left hand, that was dragging my suitcase, then to my right hand, which was holding a bunch of papers.

I looked up at her sheepishly before lifting my elbow, "Kylie."

And, as if possible, her smile broadened as she shook my elbow.

"I have a feeling we're going to get along, you and me."

We made it to my room, I stepped inside noticing that one side of the room was decorated in various shades of pink and tons of ballet trophies, and the other side was empty.

"Here I can take that." She said gesturing to my suitcase.

"Looks like your roommate isn't here right now." She continued, throwing my bags onto the empty side of the room.

She grabbed the papers out of my hand and threw them behind her, "Come on little one, let me show you around."

~

"... and now I'm here." I smiled not-so-proudly, sharing part of my life-story she practically begged for.

"Huh, you must have a serious gift!" Kat beamed.

"Kat!" Someone shouted, I look past the glowing girl in front of me to spot a tall girl running up to us. "You just left in the middle of class!"

"Raine pulled me out to show the new girl around." She gestured toward me. I gave the girl a small wave and a smile.

"Oh, Hi there! My name's Tara." She said giddily.

"Kylie." I smiled back.

"It would be a great pleasure for you to join our friend group." She bowed.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I laughed.

"Hey, since our next class is in 20 minutes, why don't you go get changed, and meet us in studio A. Remember where that is?" Kat said.

"Yes.." I replied, unsure.

"Great! The Dressing rooms are in the same building, just in the main hallway, and the second door to the... um.. left!" She stumbled in thought.

"Okay, thanks." I replied, before taking off in that direction.

A/N

[Edited ]

Hey, In the process of editing the story! I have a lot of work ahead of me. If you remember how the original prologue went, feel free to let me know if you like this version more! I hope this flows better, and I hope you enjoyed it!