1

It was late August and it was Monday, again.
The warm morning air flowed through the crack in the broken window.

A pale, black-haired boy with light brown eyes lay in bed, sound asleep for the first time in months.

This is John.

John hates everyone and everyone hates John, but that was the way he liked it.

An alarm went off.
John arose from his bed and struggled to shut it off.
He sat on the edge of his bed and rubbed his face. He sat here for a bit, staring blankly down at the floor, trying to recollect his thoughts.

He got out of bed and started getting ready for his first day of his junior year at high school. Although he's in 11the grade, he turned 18 a few months ago.

He threw on his black skinny jeans and threw on a random black shirt and a hoodie, then headed to the bathroom to straighten his hair.

He walked down the hallway and knocked on his younger brother's door.

"Hey Devin", he called.

He was still asleep.

"Wake up, freshman, we're gonna be late", John told him.

"Alright, I'll be out in a bit", Devin replied with a groggy voice.

John stood by Devin's room waited until he wobbled out, clutching his backpack and books at his sides.
They walked downstairs, trying to avoid their drunk father, passed out on the couch.
They both walked out the door and headed to school, making fun of each other and joking along the way.

When they arrived at school Devin parted off to find his friends, while John walked to get cafeteria to get breakfast.

"Waddup, faggot?", a student called. John just smiled and flashed his pocket knife that he always kept with him during school.
The student quickly backed away and left John alone.

Everyone hates John and John hates everyone, but that was the way he liked it.