14

Seeing Adrian broken down on the floor reminded him of himself when he found his mother dead.

John's instant reaction was to immediately comfort Adrian.

He sat down next to Adrian, wrapped his arms around him and brought him towards his chest.

"I let her die! I couldn't help her!", Adrian cried out with a red face and tears pouring down his cheeks.
John didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to say. Who's "her" and what about her made him so upset?

"What are you talking to about?"

"Anasty, my girlfriend- She died of cancer and I couldn't save her! I practically killed her!"

"No!", John snapped. "Don't say that, you did everything you possibly could, and I'm sure she appreciated you being by her side throughout her sickness. She loved you, I'm sure of it. I can't think of anyone that would hate you because you're the most caring person I know of. You defended me and was there for me when I was hurting, and I love you for that"

Adrian let out a small sniffle and looked up at John's smiling face.
One thing that really stood out of what John said was that he said he loved him.

John ran his fingers through Adrian's hair and gave him a hug.

"C'mon let's go to bed", smiled John as he brought Adrian up to his feet and wiped the tears off of his cheeks. "You've got school tomorrow"

Adrian sniffled and shook his head. "No I don't, I got suspended for two weeks"

John was surprised, he thought he was the only one who got in trouble.

"Well I guess that means we can sleep in", laughed John, grinning and looking straight into Adrian's hypnotic eyes that were a bit red and puffy from crying.
Adrian smiled and led John into his room.

There were posters of different bands and anime on them all over the walls along with fairy lights that were hung over the bed.

"Woah", John began "There's so much going on in here"

"I know", Adrian snickered "But these guys have kept me company over the years, along with Fluffles"
Adrian bent over and picked up the white puff ball.

"That seems kinda lonely", said John, looking at glancing around the room and locking his eyes onto a poster of Gerard Way.

Adrian placed the cat on the floor "Eh, sometimes, but like I said, they keep me company. But I understand if it makes me look like a sad loner",he said looking down at his dirty Vans and shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I don't think it makes you look like a sad loner", said John softly. Adrian looked up at him. "I think it's adorable.
Adrian smiled as his face started turning red.

John smiled back, and asked "Do you have anything I could change into? We never got to get my stuff"

Adrian walked over to his dresser and opened it, taking out a black shirt, gray sweatpants and white socks and tossed them at John.

"You can take a shower if you want", smiled Adrian. "We've had a long day, and you deserve to rest"

John smirked and headed towards the bathroom.

Adrian sat down on his bed. Fluffles jumped up on the bed and rubbed himself against Adrian's arm. Adrian scratched the feline's head as it retreated towards the pillow where it lied down and started to sleep.
Adrian giggled to himself and petted the cat. He kicked off his shoes and lied down as well.

He closed his eyes, and fell asleep.