19

Adrian led John into his garage where a dark blue car sat. They both climbed into the vehicle and sped off to the hospital. Earlier that year, somebody stole Adrian's car radio, so they just sat in silence along the way.

When they arrived at the hospital and ran to the front desk where they encountered the same lady as before.

"Excuse me, ma'am"

She turned to them and gave a polite smile.

"How may I help you bo-?"
John cut her off.
"We're here to see my brother, Devin Holloway"

She turned to her computer and typed Devin's information in while Adrian and John stood anxiously, waiting and leaning on the desk.

The lady's face turned grim.
She turned to John and took him by his hands.

"I'm so sorry honey, but...", her voice was a little shaky.
"Your brother is no longer with us"

~~~

Devin tried to make out who the man was, then his vision focused.

He was there.

"It's a shame that you survived...", his father spoke, his voice trailing off as he rose from the chair. He walked over to Devin's hospital bed.

"What a shame indeed", his father spoke again. He pulled out a scalpel that he took from a metal cart in the hallway of the hospital. He rubbed his thumb on the sharp tip.

Devin glared at his father in deep disgust. "How does it feel to treat me like you do?", he asked in an abhorred tone.

His father chuckled.
"Honestly, it feels wonderful. Ecstatic if you will"

Devin tried to subtly press the call button while his father turned in the other direction.

His father noticed him reaching for it in the reflection of the machinery. "Oh Devin, don't you ever learn? That little button doesn't work. I'm kind of disappointed that you thought I wasn't that smart" he turned around, facing Devin again. "I'm sure that your big brother will be here anytime now".
He walked toward the left side of the bed and stood there.
"But he'll soon find out that he came here for nothing"

Devin, puzzled by his statement, asked "What do you mean?"

His father chuckled in a psychotic manner. "You'll see. This time, you will actually get to see your slutty mother. Unless you come with me"

Devin's ferocity grew. He clenched his fist, only one though, since he fractured his wrist, and it hurt him to apply any pressure to it, even though it was still in a cast.
"I'd rather be with her!", he snapped.

"Oh Devin, that's a poor choice of words"

His father forcefully put his hand on Devin's mouth. Devin squealed muffled screams that were blocked out by his hand. He squirmed and flailed around, trying to escape his grasp, but it was too late.

The man took the scalpel and ran it across Devin's forearm vertically, cutting him deeply. Blood streamed out of the wound and onto the bed sheets. Devin screamed even louder, but it didn't help.

He placed the scalpel on Devin's throat and with one quick swipe, slit Devin's throat. The man released his hand from Devin's mouth, letting him choke on his own blood.

Blood, oh the blood, poured out of him like a faucet. Gallons of the stuff.

Within a few seconds, Devin died.

His father, his murderer wiped off the scalpel on the sheets, getting his finger prints off of it. He placed the scalpel in Devin's now open hand, and wrapped Devin's fingers on it, making sure to get Devin's finger prints on it to make it seem like he killed  himself.

His murderer opened the door and closed it behind him. He then casually walked out the hospital, as if nothing had happened.

~~~

"I'm so sorry honey, but your brother is no longer with us. I'm afraid he took his own life earlier today", the lady spoke solemnly.