15

John stood in the shower, with the warm water streaming down his body, washing the dirt and sweat off of him. He started to think about the events that had just occurred: His brother nearly dying, how he met a past friend from years ago, how he defended him and how he allowed him and his brother stay with him.

It was a lot to take in.

It was tough to comprehend that this actually happened and so quickly too.

He lathered himself up, rinsed and shut off the water. He stepped out and felt a cool wave of air flow against his legs. Using his hand, he wiped the condensation off the mirror above the sink. He looked at his reflection. His eyes were sunken in, the bruises on his skin were turning green and the seemed to be healing well. He opened the cabinet, retrieved a towel and started drying himself off. He put on the clothes that Adrian had given him and brushed his hair with a brush that he found in a drawer. Now matter how hard he tried to get it down, his hair curled upwards. After ten minutes of trying, he eventually gave up. He opened the door and walked down the corridor to Adrian's room, with his old clothes in his left arm and holding his shoes in his right hand.

He stepped through the doorway and spotted Adrian and Fluffles curled up and sleeping. John found the sight very adorable as he walked over to the bed and pulled a blanket up over Adrian's body and kissed his forehead.
John climbed into the opposite side of the bed, turned off the lamp and fell asleep.

The next morning, John was awoken by the smell of bacon and a cat meowing in his face.
He opened his eyes slightly, and turned his attention to the wide-eyed cat who seemed to want him to get up. He turned his head to look next to him to see if Adrian was still next to him, but he wasn't. There was a noise clattering of dishes coming from down stairs. He turned back to the cat, who meowed and swatted John's face.

"Alright, I'll get up", John groaned.

Fluffles meowed again and jumped off of him and the bed. John sat up, stretched, yawned and hopped out of bed.

He waddled down the hallway.
"What time is it? Nine in the afternoon?", he quietly asked himself.

He made his way downstairs, nearly falling down them because he was still half asleep.

Adrian had the stereo on with his Black Parade album playing.
He slowly made his way to the kitchen, rubbing his eye. He could see Adrian standing in front of the stove with a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon in his hands.

The song "The Sharpest Lives" had ended. John had approached the entrance to the kitchen when he heard a G note on the piano.