3

*WARNING CONTAINS BULLYING*

Lunch had just started.

John and Adrian sat in the corner of the lunch room, away from the others

They were about to eat their "chicken" tenders, until John was struck in the back of the head with an old dictionary that someone had thrown at them.
They both turned around to see a group of students laughing at them.

Usually this was normal for John and usually he didn't do anything, he'd just let it happen.

He already had to take the abuse from his "father", he doesn't want to take it from anyone else.

But this time was the last time he'd let that happen.
Anger surged throughout his body.
He can't take it.
He won't take it,
not anymore.

John got up from his chair furiously and shouted
"Hey! What's your fucking problem? Why do you constantly have to do shit to me? What did I ever fucking do to you?".

Although he always kept a pocket knife with him, he never liked to use it. It was just a scare tactic so people would leave him alone.

The "leader" of the group didn't answer the question, but instead started taunting him.

"Aw, is the little fag gonna cry?". The group of students began laughing again.
"Why don't you and your little emo faggot-ass friend go fuck each other?"

Adrian, appalled by this, rose from his seat and walked over to the group.

The students were still laughing.

"Bitch get the fuck outta my face before I bust yo-"

Then it happened.

Adrian struck the student with such force that he flew back and hit the ground.

The whole cafeteria went to silence.
Everyone was looking in their direction.

An administrator started running towards them.
"What the hell happened here?", he asked.
No one said a word.
They were shocked that that had just happened.

"Well!?", he shouted.

"He fell, sir", a member of the group told him.

The administrator called the nurse and escorted the wounded student to the front office.

Everyone continued to stare at them, still baffled.

"C'mon, let's go", said Adrian. "This place is full of peasants".

John couldn't believe it.

Someone be barely knew for not even an hour, stood up from him.

The bell rang.

"I guess I have to go now", said Adrian.

"Yeah, I guess so", replied John.
"Hey listen, thanks for sticking up for me back there, I really appreciate it".

Adrian smiled and said "No problem, I'll always stand by my best friend. I know that sounds kinda weird because I haven't known you for very long, but I feel like I have. Hey listen um. Can I have your number by any chance?"

"heheh sure", John giggled.

They exchanged numbers and parted ways.

John smiled to himself and headed to class.