16

"Welcome to the Black Parade" had come on.

John threw himself into the kitchen, hitting Adrian's back, nearly knocking the bowl out of his hands. John grabbed Adrian's shoulders and shouted "Do you want me to have feels this early in the morning!?

Adrian stabilized himself and started to laugh.

John let out a small smile, trying to be serious. "Don't laugh, this isn't funny!"

Adrian started to sing along with the song "When I was a young boy!"

"No stop!", John shouted, laughing. As much as he loved the song and Adrian's smooth voice, he couldn't help but to toy with him.

They both laughed and started singing along with the song in unison.

"A world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams
Your misery and hate will kill us all.
So paint it black and take it back
Let's shout it loud and clear
Defiant to the end we hear the call To carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches..."

They both smirked and looked at each other deeply. John was lost in a trance, or Adrian's face. Adrian's face was so smooth, there wasn't a blemish to be found. His jaw line was abstract, giving structure for his face.

John snapped out of it and turned his attention to the mixing bowl that Adrian was still holding.

"Watcha got there?", he asked curiously.

"Just making some pancakes", Adrian replied, continuing his mixing. "When I was little, my grandma used to make me some on the weekends. She would put cinnamon and vanilla extract in it". Adrian began to pour the batter into a pan. "I'm glad she passed the recipe down to me", he added.

He took a fork and stabbed the slices of bacon and flipped them.

"This room smells intoxicating", John said as he walked over to the table and sat down.

"Yeah I know right?", Adrian laughed. He opened a cabinet and grabbed a glass. He set it down and poured orange juice into it then gave it to John.

"Thanks!", John said happily.
John had never been treated like this before- no one had ever made him breakfast, ever since his mother was lost.

It felt good having someone be nice to him.

A few minutes later, Adrian served John pancakes and bacon.
He sat down and they both promptly ate their food.

After they were done, John volunteered to do the dishes while Adrian cleaned up the table. The stereo was still blaring music out.

"Hey, do you think we could go by the house to get my st-"

He was cut off by a loud pounding at the door.