12

Adrian's house was a cute, quaint, little two-story building.
A wave of peaceful energy flowed into John's body as he entered the residence.
He felt warm and fuzzy.
He felt like he was home.

Adrian flicked a light switch, extinguishing the darkness of the hallway.
The interior of it was very warm, the walls were painted with different shades of brown. Not dirt brown, but a comforting brown.
There were two rooms at either side of the corridor and a staircase in the middle of it.

"Here I'll show you where your room is", Adrian led John.

John followed Adrian up the stairs when he felt a sharp pain in his leg.

"Ow! What the fuck was that?", John yelped.

"Oh that's Fluffles, my cat!", Adrian told John cheerfully.

John glanced down to see a white cat with big, blue eyes that shined just like Adrian's did.

The cat gave a soft meow and rubbed against John's legs.

"Aw, he likes you!", Adrian laughed.

John picked up the fuzzy feline and cradled it like a baby.
Fluffles let out a tiny meow and began to knead John's chest.

"Heheh what are you doing little buddy?", John playfully asked the cat.

Fluffles looked up at John, slowly blinked and meowed again.

"He's so cute!", John awed as he put the cat back down on the floor.

"Yeah, he is. After I moved out, my cousin have him to me. He's kept me company", Adrian smiled, kneeling down to scratch the cat's head.

Arian stood up and took John's hand. John blushed slightly and Adrian led him upstairs.

"C'mon let's go!"

John stumbled up the steps, trying to keep up with Adrian's speed. When they got to the top of the stairs John was wheezing.

"I'm not in shape you know! I have asthma!", John coughed out.

They were greeted with three doorways: Adrian's room, the bathroom and the guest room.

"Haha! Which room do you want?", Adrian chuckled.

"The bathroom, of course!", John exclaimed with sarcasm, still trying to catch his breath.

"You can have my room if you want", Adrian laughed, smiling at John and moving a bit closer to him.

"No you don't have-", John was cut off. All he felt was a warm sensation upon his lips.

Adrian was kissing him.

His stomach tightened. He could feel his face turn red at he started blushing.

His mind was racing.
He didn't know what to do.
He didn't know what to think.
He just kept kissing him.

Adrian pulled away and looked directly into John's eyes and smiled, then began to frown.

"I can't do this. Not after what happened to her!"