7

*WARNING CONTAINS SUICIDE AND SELF HARM*
This chapter has much sadness, I'm sorry >.<

His mother.

She didn't deserve what she went through.
She was abused. Neglected. Tortured.
She suffered through all of it, for the children.
But she couldn't take it anymore.

When John was in 5th grade, he came home from school finding the house eerily quiet.

"Mom?", John called.

He looked around the first floor, finding no one around.
He crept upstairs finding the bathroom door ajar.
He opened it and slowly walked inside.

"Mommy, why is the bath red?"

No answer.

"Mommy?"

Still nothing.

"Mommy why are you sleeping? You can't sleep in the bath!"

She didn't move.
She didn't breathe.

In her hand held a note that read:
To my sweet, little angels,
Mommy has to go now, and she is dreadfully sorry that she can't be with you anymore. Now I must tell you something. Don't ever give up on yourselves. Never let anyone make you feel less of yourself. You must always stand up strong.

I love you so much that I could not put words to it, and my having to leave has nothing to do with how much I love you. I hope you will not hate me for this.

I want you to know that happy days are always ahead. Please take good care of each other. Don't spend your days missing me, spend them living for yourselves- with each other. I think you should know that if you spend most of your days feeling as though they might be your last, by your own hand, you do things differently. What you have here is one moment in the infiniteness of life. Make it count, but don't let it rest on your shoulders and weigh you down.Don't let it kick you when you're down.

Do not follow in my footsteps like this. I'm not doing this because I hate you or I am selfish, I am doing this because I am very sick and it is a kind of sickness that I can only ever result in this, sooner or later. I'm choosing now. This is the only answer. I hope and pray with every single bit of me that it will not be your answer, but if it ever is, let the people you love know that you love them.

I love you both
-Mommy

John had shut that out of his mind, hoping it would never come up again.
All his memories of elementary school were blocked out.
Erased.
Deleted from his mind.

"Do you remember me?", he asked, trying to hold back tears.

"Hm? Um...", Adrian thought.

"Oh. OH YEAH! WE WERE BEST FRIENDS BACK IN THE DAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT!", he shouted excitedly."We had the same class for three years in a row!".

"Wow I can't believe you still remember that!", John chuckled.

"I know right!? It was such a long time ago!"

"Heh yeah it was!"

"Hey how's your mom doing by the way?"