CHAPTER 5

Faye reached the motel office and knocked, "Mrs. Bates? I'm here for my shift", she called out as she entered the office but she found Emma on the desk instead.

"Hi", said Emma.

"Hi", answered Faye. "Sorry, I was just looking for Mrs. Bates".

"Oh, you're the new staff?", asked Emma.

"Yeah. Housekeeping. I'm Faye Santos".

"Emma Decody", Emma answered and they shook hands.

"Must be hard to be with that thing, huh?", said Faye referring to Emma's O2 tank

"At first, yeah. But I got to be used to it".

"Well, you got some cool designs on that thingy", said Faye.

"Thanks", said Emma.

Then, Norma came in, "Hey, Emma. Why are you still here?", she asked her.

"I lost track of time, I guess", Emma answered.

"Oh, well. I see you already met Faye", said Norma. "You should go home now. Are you gonna be al right on your own?", she added.

"Yeah, thanks Mrs. Bates. Uhmm... I noted some of the guest's request, it's on the table", Emma said and she turned to Faye, "Nice to meet you, Faye".

"You, too", Faye answered and Emma left.

"I guess I better do that guest's request", Faye said to Norma.

"Yes, here it is", answered Norma and handed the note to Faye and she took off.

----------

Emma was driving home and as she passed a sign, she suddenly saw Norman running. She stopped the car and went out to call him, but instead he ran fast from her. Emma got confused. She swear she saw that it was Norman. Emma decided to get back at her car and drive again.

--------

At Mr. Johnson's home...

Mr. Johnson was talking to his phone, "Yes, I need that by tomorrow morning, around eight. You can fax it- ", he stopped talking because he heard something from behind. He checked, but no one was there. So, he returned to his phone. "Oh yes, sorry. I need the forms. You know which ones. Ok. bye".

He began eating dinner, but then he heard the sound again. He ignored it and poured himself some wine. He drank and drank. He was about to pour himself some wine again, when he heard the noise as before. He got startled and he took his gun out from his desk. He went to checked all the parts of the house but he found nothing. He decided to go to bed. He placed his gun at his night table but as he lie to his bed, he noticed something moving in the curtains. He went up and checked it. Nothing. He must be drunk, he thought and he poured some more wine and started walking toward his terrace. As he went outside, a figure startled him and he dropped his glass of wine.

"Wha-?!", he shrieked and he accidentally put his right foot on some of the broken glass. He got hurt, became out of balance and fell from his terrace.

******

Thanks for reading...