Chapter 26

Norma was doing paper work in the motel office when someone knocked on the door. She saw that it was Faye and she let her in.

"What is it, Faye? I thought you are not feeling good?", Norma asked.

"Uh... I can't sleep", answered Faye.

"Okay, well-"

"I need your help", Faye cut in, "there's this box that's have some stuff for the motel and uh... I need your opinion on where to put it".

"Can't it wait? I'm really busy right now."

"Please, just... I think it's really good for the motel", Faye insisted.

Norma sighed and said, "Fine. Let's see, then", and they both went to the house.

"Where's the box?", asked Norma.

"There's no box", Faye answered and Norma got confused.

"What?"

"Norman is sick", Faye began, "He killed the guy in room 8, and... and Mr. Robertson, and he set the fire, you know... that burned the restaurant. I also saw things in his box that I think belonged to other people, maybe he killed them, too".

"What are you talking about?", Norma asked and she noticed that Faye was sweating and has reddish eyes. "Are you on drugs?"

"It doesn't matter, okay! You have to believe me!"

"Okay, Just relax". Norma said and she dialed on the phone, but then she realized that it was dead. Norma tried to look for her phone, then saw Faye holding it.

Norma started to became scared and said, "Give me the phone".

"No! Promise you believe me".

"Where is Norman?"

"I-"

"Where is he?!!"

"I tied him in a tree outside-"

Norma quickly ran outside. It started raining but she didn't mind, what she cared about is to find her son. "Norman!", she called out but no one answered. "Norman!!!", she called again while running in every direction. She then slipped and fell down on something. She saw that it was a hand and she screamed. "Aaghhh!!!"

Faye then hit Norma with a shovel and she lost consciousness.