CHAPTER 13

It was late at night, Faye was sitting at the motel office, reading papers. She was beginning to feel sleepy, but then she gently slap herself to be awake. She decided to get some coffee from the coffee maker, but when she turned around, Norman was already standing in front of her.

"Oh, crap!" she blurted out. "Norman"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you", said Norman.

"Yeah, it's fine", answered Faye. "Coffee?" she asked Norman.

"I'm good thanks "

"It's already late, you should go to bed"

"Yes. Well, I couldn't sleep", said Norman. "I felt guilty of what I acted earlier"

"Uh... you were kinda strange. But, I guess people can be moody, even nice ones like you"

"Well, i guess...We all go a little mad sometimes", answered Norman.

"Right, what happened anyway?"

"It's nothing. I'm fine now", said Norman. "Sorry for being like that earlier".

"It's cool", Faye said. "But the one you should apologize is Emma. She looked kinda upset when she left".

"Yeah, I know", answered Norman, looking down.

Then suddenly, the phone rang and Faye answered it. One of the guest wants an extra towel and a bucket of ice. Norman insisted to help Faye and she agreed. They both went to the room carrying the guest's request. They reached the room and Faye knocked. The door opened and when Faye saw the guest, her eyes widened with surprised, which Norman noticed.

Faye then said, "Good evening sir, We got your extra towel and ice bucket as you requested".

"Yeah, put it inside", answered the man and they both did.

Suddenly, the man stared at Faye, looking at her like he was remembering something. "Do I know you?" he asked Faye.

"No. No I don't think so, sir", Faye answered.

"No, no. I remember you", the man went on. "Whoa... Cally! I'll be damned", he said and Norman looked at Faye, confused of what's going on. "Haven't seen you in a while, huh? Why'd you leave 'Essence'?"

"I'm sorry, sir. You have the wrong person, my name is Faye Santos-" Faye began.

"So that's your real name", said the man.

Faye became quiet, but then she said, "You have me confused with someone, I'm sorry. Goodnight, sir", and Faye went out of the room.

Norman followed her and asked, "What was he talking about? Who is Cally?", Faye didn't answer and he added, "do you know that man?'

"No! I've never seen him in my whole life", Faye answered and went straight to the motel office.

******

do you think Faye was hiding something?

any guesses?