CHAPTER 19

Faye was busy cleaning room no. 8. She was wiping the bathroom mirror when suddenly she saw a man behind her. The man then smashed her head hard to the mirror and she screamed. Faye woke up panting and realized that it was just a dream. 

                                                                                     ------

 Norman was watching TV when Faye went downstairs. 

"Hey, you're already up", he greeted her.

"Yeah", answered Faye.

"There's food at the casserole, do you want me to heat it?"

"No, it's fine", said Faye, but Norman already went to the kitchen and turn on the stove.

"Mother said you can take the day off if you want, with your wounded arm and everything", Norman went on. 

 "Uh... about that", said Faye. "Do you think we did it all wrong? That we made a mistake?", she asked.

 "Why? What did we do?", asked Norman, confused.

 "The man from room 8", answered Faye. "You killed him".

 Norman was shocked. "What are you talking about? That man already checked out last night and you're the one who cleaned it afterwards, you said it yourself".

 "No, Norman. You were there. That man assaulted me, that's why I got my wounded arm. And you... hit him. Maybe you were just trying to help me but he... then we took his body -"

 "Faye, you're not making any sense at all", answered Norman. 

 "What? What are you -?"

 "Maybe it's the painkillers you're taking. You should really have some rest because you're losing it", said Norman and he went out of the kitchen.

                                                                    ------ 

Norman was reading alone in his room when Norma came in. 

"Hey, honey. Are you busy?", Norma asked him.

"No, mother. What is it?", answered Norman.

 "Well, I was thinking what would be a good color paint for our new restaurant and I wanted your opinion", said Norma holding some paint color samples. "I thought maybe light brown, blue, or yellow again. But then I remember blue is your favorite color, so which one?"

 "Uhm... I think the brown one is good", said Norman.

 "You think? It's not too simple or-"

 "Its fine. It's perfect".

 "Hmm... maybe I'll add a little yellow, huh?"

 "Yeah".

 "Oh my, I'm so excited for all of this", said Norma. "Mr. Robertson said that if the motel business got better, we're gonna have to make some changes and maybe turn it into a hotel".

 "Mother, that is a big change. Is that alright with you?", asked Norman.

 "I don't know, Norman", said Norma. "I am fine with just having a motel business, but we'll see. The good thing is we are moving forward".

                                                                            ******

Hiya! I'm back...

I'm so sorry it took so long. I have been really busy at school and also on other things this summer, but now I'll try to update more. 

I hope you still wanna continue reading this story... thank you!