CHAPTER 16

"Hi. I have to see Sheriff Romero", Norma said to the woman on the front desk.

 "Who's asking?" replied the woman.

 Norma became irritated. "Are you kidding me? I've been here many times and you still don't know my name?"

 "Oh, yes. I'm sorry", said the woman. "Please wait for a while, I'll inform the sheriff".

 Minutes later, the front desk told Norma it's alright to go to Sheriff Romero's office and she did.

 "What is it, Norma?" asked Sheriff Romero.

 "I just wanted to thank you for what you did with a freshly baked apple pie", answered Norma as she handed him the pie. Romero looked puzzled so Norma went on. "Mr. Robertson told me you were the one who recommended me to him. He accepted my proposal"

 "Oh, that", answered Romero. "Well, congratulations"

 "Thank you", said Norma, then they both became quiet.

 "So, what happened to the Johnson case?" asked Norma suddenly.

 "It's uh... indeed an accident, not a murder", answered Romero.

 "So, I'm not one of the suspects anymore?"

 "Yes. I was wrong to judge you, Norma and I apologize", Romero said. "Percy was looking for a new business, so I thought you'd be a good fit that's why I recommended you".

 "Oh, that's nice of you", said Norma, smiling.

 Romero was uneasy, and said, "No need to thank me, Norma. It was nothing . Now if you'll excuse me, I have many papers to work on".

 "Of course, sure", said Norma and added, "Enjoy the pie". Then, she left the office.

 Romero smiled a little but then he quickly turned to his work.

                         ------

 Norman had eaten half of the pie while watching the television. He then decided to bring some upstairs to Faye. He went inside her room and saw her still sleeping. After Norman place down the pie at the bedside table, he looked at Faye and then gently stroked her hair from her face. He then went out of the house and decided to go to the motel office where he find Emma already sitting there.

 "Norman", Emma greeted.

 "Hey, I didn't know you're already here", answered Norman.

 "Yeah. I don't really have anything to do, so..", Emma answered and continued arranging some files.

 Norman looked down . "I'm sorry I yelled at you", he suddenly said and Emma stopped working.

"It's fine", said Emma. "And you're right. That little adventure we had is over. Time to move on. Oh, and... you're totally forgiven", she added and they bought laughed. "Anyway, have you heard of what happened to that guy Johnson?"

 "What about him?", asked Norman.

"It turns out it was really an accident, not a murder. Hey, isn't he the one of your Mom's target investors for the motel?".

 "Yes, he was".

 "That's a total loss".

 "Well, it's fine", answered Norman. "Mother found another one to have business with".

 "Really, that's great!"

"Yeah. Everything's gonna be good".

                              ******

Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took so long for another chapter....

I have been so busy at school with projects, assignments, school events, etc.....

But I'm back! I'll try to add another chapter asap so please be patient with me

Thank you!!!

oh, and please keep reading...  = )