CHAPTER 15

Sheriff Romero was sitting in his office, when one of the deputies knocked on the door.

"Come in", Romero said.

"Hey, sheriff" said the deputy, "these are the result of the investigation about Mr. Johnson's death. It looks like it was an accident after all", he said as he gave it to Romero.

"What do you mean?" asked Romero as he took the files and read it.

"We searched every place, every corner at his house, but the only fingerprint we got was Johnson's, no one else", answered the deputy. "Autopsy also said they found a lot of alcohol in his body system, which gives us evidence it was the reason of his death"

"Ok, thanks", said Romero and the deputy left.

It was almost afternoon; Norma was trying to clean up the window of the motel office, when the phone rang.

"Bates motel, how can I help you?", said Norma.

"Hi, I'm looking for Norma Bates"

"Speaking, who is this?"

"I'm Percy Robertson. I received your business proposal in the email and it was quite brilliant".

"Oh, thank you".

"I would like to have another meeting to discuss this further"

"Of course. Any time you want".

"How about this Monday? You can come by my office at 8am "

"Sounds wonderful", answered Norma.

That Monday morning, Norma went to see Robertson in partnership for the motel. They had a good understanding and the meeting went well.

"Thank you so much for your time Mr. Robertson", Norma told Robertson as they shook hands.

"It was my pleasure Mrs. Bates. Sheriff Romero was right about you", answered Robertson.

"Sheriff Romero?", asked Norma, confused.

"Yes. I was looking for a new business and he was the one who recommended you", answered Robertson

"Oh, that's nice of him", said Norma.

Norman went home from school and found Norma busy in the kitchen.

"Hmm... smells good", said Norman.

"Thanks, honey", said Norma, "I just feel wonderful today. One of the people I sent business proposal to accepted it"

"Really, who?"

"Percival Robertson. He owns some restaurant in another town and he agreed to do business with us"

"Mother, that's wonderful", Norman exclaimed and he hugged Norma.

"Yes, this is it. Everything's gonna change Norman. We did it. Together", answered Norma and she gave Norman some pie.

"Thanks, mother". Said Norman, then he noticed Norma packing another whole pie. "Who's that for?" he asked.

"Oh, it's for Sheriff Romero. He's the one who introduced us to Robertson", answered Norma.

"I thought he hates us", said Norman.

"Maybe he had a change of heart", Norma answered. "I'll be back to make dinner. Give some pie to Faye when she wakes up, will you?" added Norma and she left.

******