Chapter XII: Prevented Beating

Last night, you finally got some sleep in ease that Yukio forgave you and surprisingly liked you back. Although it was never expected for the hot-headed captain to have any feelings towards anyone or anything exept basketball..

Since it was Saturday, you woke up from your deep slumber a little later than usual. Making some simple breakfast, you turned on the TV and sat down to watch it while munching on some cereal.

Yawning, you quickly reacted to the vibrating in your pocket and sound of your usual ringtone. You relacutntly picked it up and answered.

"Moshi, moshi~?" You quietly answered.

"(F/N)CCHI WHERE ARE YOU PRACTICE IS SUPPOSED TO BE STARTING IN 15 MINUTES!?!?" Ryota exclaims loudly enough to probably break your speaker. You checked the clock with a pissed-off expression that quickly turned into a surprised expression.

"IT'S ALREADY 2PM?!" You yell out and cancel the phone call, followed by rushing to your bedroom to get ready. Yukio had informed you that they had practice on Saturdays as well yet you completely forgot.

After 7 minutes had passed, you lock the door and started sprinting to the school gym. When you arrived, everyone shot their glares towards you when they say you handing on your knees and breathing rapidly. You placed your bag down and pulled out your folder and notebook that both contained valuable information about basketball.

Practice surprisingly longer and ended when the sun fell down, making it nighttime. Assuming that all the boys would be already home, you walked through the same old alleyway and locked eyes with the same badgirls.

"Oh, if it isn't Kise-sama's girlfriend! We didn't finish you last time, did we?" The leader smirks and was handed over the same crowbar that they beat you up with the first time. The three of them walked over to you once again. Your body was frozen to even do anything. You closed your eyes and just as you were about to get attacked, a firm hand grabs the crowbar, not allowing it to touch you.

"Listen here, I may not have been there to protect (F/N) the first time, but I'm here now and I plan to stay. And if I see you near her again, Kise's damn pretty face will be hanging on the gym's wall!" The girls automatically got scared and ran away. Yukio gave you a hand, helping you get up.

"Thank you.." You sillently bring him in a tight embrace.