Chapter 31

"Ugh!! Natsume, why would you say that?!" I groaned as we were dismissed from the meeting.

"Hm? Say what?" Natsume gave me the most innocent look ever, like he didn't do anything when he clearly did.

"You know what you said!" I punched his arms, completely irritated.

Just how could he say that I'm in love with that arrogant guy?! I don't even know him! And he's so rude! Why would I fall in love with him in the first place?! That's beyond stupid! Hmph! Besides what is so great about that guy anyway?!

"Natsume, stop teasing Yuki already." I stuck my tongue out at Natsume as Aiko said that. "And you, Yuki. How is your studying coming along?"

Well there goes my 2 second happiness.

"Err... I thought I wasn't starting until next week." I lied.

Truth is, I didn't want to study. I'd rather fold origami with the papers in the books every time I hold a book. Yeah, that's terrible but there are so many words in the book like how do you even read it?! I just want to sleep every time I have to pick up a book and read it.

"You were supposed to be studying since two weeks ago." She smiled at me.

Scary....

"Not only do you need to be kept on a lease, you can't even study. You're pretty stupid." That voice... from behind Aiko....

I held back the violent urge to throw Natsume at him. Why Natsume? I don't know. Maybe for revenge for what he had said to me earlier.

"Ugh... Here comes the arrogant jerk again." I grunted as I rolled my eyes.

"Aww. Should we leave you two alone?" Natsume elbowed me on the side.

"I'll feed you to Rika if you say one more word." I hissed at him.

[Rika's her 'pet' tiger at the beginning of the story if anyone remembers, hahaha]

"You wouldn't do that. You love me too much." He laughed and patted me on the head.

"I wouldn't hesitate if I had to." I stuck my tongue out at him and went back to my room. I absolutely love the silence in my room. It's just so quiet and peaceful that I forget about what happened outside my room earlier. I laid down on the cool floor slowly, stretching out my body like a cat. "Mm. This feels so nice."

~~~Time Skip - A Couple of Days Later~~~

What should I do? Hm....

I rubbed my chin as I let my eyes wander around for something to do. Father's busy accompanying his friend and his friend's son... That girly trash... Well he's not girly, it's just that he looks better than most females. / (>_>)/--/ That's like so not fair! Anyway, that's not the point. Recently everywhere I've went to, he's there too!

To make matters worse, he bullies me all the time!! Every single time he sees me! There's no stopping him! Ugh! That stupid... dog... Yeah, stupid dog! That suits him perfectly! I hope I don't have to see him today! At least, I don't want to see him at all!!

I bit the inside of my mouth as I thought of ways to avoid, torture, and how to back comebacks at his snarky and mean remarks!

I will make him regret picking on me! Hmph!

"Yuki. Are you doing anything?" Umi's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Hm? Nope. Not at all. Well at least just not studying." I whistled looking at the sky.

Umi tilted her head a bit over to the left, seemingly to be pondering about something. Then she smiled and grabbed my hand. "Alright, then help me out with the herbs."