Ch.33

My heart is beating at a much faster rate as my body temperature begins to rise despite being in the cool stream. Sesshomaru's eyes seems to glisten in the dark night as time seem to have stopped. The silence was deafening, making me anxious as seconds passed by without a sound. Not even a sound of crickets chirping, leaves rustling, or owls hooting late at night. The world seems to be completely silent and still, even the water flowing down this stream. Just the sound of my name rolling off his tongue is very satisfying for me.

Sesshomaru opened his mouth only to close it before any word came out. Then he opened his mouth again, "You will catch a cold. Let's go."

For some reason I feel incredibly unsatisfied as he helped me up. I feel like I want to stay in that position a little longer or maybe I was hoping for him to say something. Anything but 'you will catch a cold'. Needless to say I was completely soaked and shivering from the cold, while Sesshomaru is pretty much all dry save for the wetness on his clothes from helping me.

"Are you cold?" I nodded, wrapping my arms around myself. "You need to change."

"Change what?" I asked, confused at his words, slightly irritated also.

If he wants me to change myself, he can screw himself!

"Your clothes."

"Oh..." I almost snapped at him for being considerate. "Um... There's a cave nearby, closer than the castle... We can start a fire there."

Asking him to start a fire in a cave with me, what a great idea Yuki. What are you? Stupid?

At this point, being in soaked clothes and standing outside in the night is bringing down my body temperature much faster than I'll like. I'm already bouncing up and down trying to get blood flowing through my body so I can keep warm.

"W-woah! H-hey! Put me down!" I said, flustered as Sesshomaru sweep his hands under my knees and lifted me in his arms. My face turned red immediately and hopefully it isn't obvious in the night.

"Where is the cave?" He asked, completely ignoring my complaints.

"It's just a little farther in that direction. It's behind the waterfall..." I pointed in the direction where the cave is located.

Sesshomaru made two fires once we got to the cave. One for me and one for him, since I insisted that if he catch a cold, I don't want to feel bad about it. I stripped down completely to nothing as I sit down by the fire. The only thing that separated us is a screen made from our wet clothes. Talk about awkward.

"Sesshomaru, how long have you been alive?" I asked, unable to bear the silence between us.

"I have long forgotten. However, I am older than you are." Sesshomaru replied.

"Hmph. Isn't that obvious? Yet you're so arrogant towards everything. They say the older you turn, the wiser you get. It's like the opposite for you." I smiled, poking the fire with a stick as I rest my chin on my knee.

"Would you like to test that?" His voice deepened, sending a chill down my spine. I turned around, only to see his silhouette moving closer to me.

"H-hey! Don't come any closer! If you come any closer, I'll consider it as harassment and – and – and." I backed away immediately, to the farther corner.

"My clothes are dried." He said, grabbing his clothes off the rail that he made with some branches, but not before throwing his top at me. "Wear that."

"But it's yours." I said, holding it close to my chest, covering my woman parts.

"Wear it or let me look at your body." He says as in a matter of fact tone. I immediately put his top on, as a blush came to my cheeks.

"Perv..." I mumbled as I tied a knot to secure his top in place. It's a lot bigger than me for sure. It came down to my mid-thighs.

"Done?"

"Y-yeah." I grew more and more nervous as he walked around the screen of clothes and sat down by my fire.

Why am I getting so worked up? There's nothing going on here at all! Ugh!!!

It's not helping that he's just staring at me, silently.

"What?! Stop staring!"

"Pfft." Did he just...laugh?

Curious, I walked over to him and peered in his face. Sure enough he was trying not to laugh. "Are you laughing? Why are you laughing?"

He's pretty adorable when he's trying not to laugh. If only he wasn't so mean and terrible, then I would be perfectly fine with being in love with him.... What?! Did I really just think that?! What is wrong with me?!

Without a word, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him as he seated me between his legs. His bare arms wrapped themselves around my shoulder as he buried him face in my neck. Shivers climbed up and down my spine, unsure if it was caused by excitement or what.

"I won't let anyone else have you. Not now, not in the future. You will always be mine and only mine, Yuki. I won't let anyone else see you like this either. I will kill any men who will try and steal you." Sesshomaru said, his grip tightening around my shoulders.

This is probably the only time he spoke this much in a possessive manner also. My heart is thumping wildly against my chest at his words. But this doesn't seem to be like him. I raised my hand and placed my hand on his forehead.

"You're burning up! How do you even catch a fever this soon?!" I said as I try to get up and see if my clothes are dried yet so I can drape them over him. But Sesshomaru refused to let go, his grip only gotten stronger the more I move. "Sesshomaru, let go!"

"I won't let you leave me."

"I'm not! I just want to see if my clothes are dried yet!" I sighed. It took a long while to convince to actually let me get my clothes and drape it over him before he fell asleep on my lap.

It's been a couple of days since that night. My relationship with Sesshomaru remained the same. Constant bickering, arguing, and ignoring each other. It was almost like the other night was all but a dream.

"Yuki, what's wrong? You've been signing for the thousandth time today." Aika asks, worry showing on her face.

"She's probably worried about meeting the suitor tonight." Umi laughed.

"No, that's not... Wait, what?! What suitor tonight?! When was that decided?! Why haven't anyone told me?!" I partially screamed as I looked at Umi then Aika in complete shock.

"We told you two days ago." Umi sighed, resting her chin on her palm.

"Are you really okay?" Aika asks.

"I don't remember any of that but yes I'm okay! I'm totally fine besides not remembering anything about a suitor coming tonight! Now I'm going to go hide! BYE!" I said and attempted to escape but failed.

I wonder how would Sesshomaru react if he knows... The other night he did say that... NO! Stop it! You don't like him at all! Not at all, okay?! Ugh!! Who am I kidding? I obviously like Sesshomaru... Even though his attitude sucks and he's a jerk and a pain in the butt. Besides those are just words from a sick person who's not stable!

But still, I don't want to meet with any suitors tonight! Or any other nights! And why am I the only one getting suitors?! Umi, Aika, and Natsume aren't even married yet and they're not getting suitors! So why am I only one getting suitors?! I don't want any!!!

A list of complains came into my mind as I continue to look for a place to hide.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.- 

Hey everyone! This is the continuation of Yuki's dream/memories. Sorry I didn't clarify this, I was rushing to go somewhere before posting this lol.

Happy early Labors Day! <3