Chapter 6

Kanan's POV
I shake Ahsoka as her eyes flicker open, she shivers and looks around. "Kanan?" She says confused, "What happened?" I glance at Sabine who was unconscious and then look back at Ahsoka, "They've got Ezra." I tell her. She looks at me surprised, "We need to save him, he won't last much longer as a prisoner anymore!" She tells me. I shake my head, "He's not a prisoner." I tell her. She gasps, "W-what?" I pull Sabine closer to me and see that my shirt was stained with blood. "They've got him on the dark side."

Ezra's POV
I stand in the room and look at my reflection. Things were kind of the same. I still had blue hair, the same skin color, but things were also different like my eyes. Instead of my iris being electric blue my eyes were a gold color that faded into red. My clothes were all black. I think of all the things I did for them. When I saved Kanan from Mustafar, sacrificed myself for Sabine, when I went back onto the star destroyer and was kidnapped when I saved them. They were only using me. I hated them now. I felt so stupid thinking that I thought of them as a family. I ignite my light saber. It was red. I walk out of the room and find my master. My new master. She smiles, "I want you to meet someone in a few days." She tells me. I look at her curious, "Who?" I ask. "The Emperor of the Empire." She tells me. I look at her shocked, "You already want me to meet him?" I tell her surprised. "Yes, he wants you for some testing thing." She says. I nod, "Tested on what?" I ask. "To see if you are the hero we believe you to be." She says. I nod and she dismisses me out of the room. I wonder around the star destroyer I was on. I felt different though. I was guilty. Guilty about what though? I had joined the Empire, I was saving the Galaxy from the others. I couldn't believe what we did. I thought we were helping by all those attacks but now I knew the truth. The truth was none of it was to help. It was to cause the good ones trouble and terrorize the innocents. I shake my head. That wasn't why I was feeling so guilty. I was feeling guilty for betraying Kanan. Where was my loyalty? I needed to snap out of something. I needed to choose a side.

Kanan's POV
We were so close. I was panicking and I flinched every time I looked back to see Ahsoka with Sabine in her arms. Sabines face was pale with streams of blood dripping down her to as far as her legs. We arrive at the rebel fleet and Sabine is rushed to the med-center. I begin to walk to it but a guard puts his hands out in front of me blocking my way. "Sorry sir, she can not be visited right now, not in that condition." The guard says. I look at him not believing his words, "Her jaw can't be that bad though!" I say trying to peek through the window. He shakes his head, "She apparently also has a bump going inward her head which indicates that she has a concussion." He tells me. I stare at him in disbelief. I turn around and see Hera and Zeb walking towards me. Hera hugs me and whispers in my ear, "You made it!" Zeb gives me a small smile but it quickly fades when he looks into the med-center. "Why are you here?" He asks me. I look down and Hera gives me a worried look, "Sabine has a, she uh, she has," I say not being able to focus on all the things going on in my mind. Sabine getting hurt, what happened with Ezra, it was all so much. "Well spit it out." Says Zeb. Hera shoots him a look and he rubs the back of his neck with a embarrassed look on his face, "I er mean, uh, sorry." He tells me. "Ezra turned to the dark side and Sabine now has a concussion." I blurt out. They both look at me surprised. I sigh. "The dark side?" Says Hera. "No time to explain, we just need to get him back." I tell her. She shakes her head back at me, "We can't go without Sabine." She says. "Well looks like you'll have a lot more time." Says a medic walking out of the room with a sad look on his face. "What?" I ask worried. "Sabine," he says, "Sabine is in a coma." He says.