Time

The blonde haired boy keeps checking on me. He just walks in, asks if I need food or water, and then leaves without another word.

I've been trying to find a way out, but there's hardly any light in here. The door is bolted, and my eyes aren't able to adjust to the bright light fast enough for me to see what's outside when he comes to check on me.

I've lost track of time, sitting in the silence, my arms around my knees. I try to catch some sleep in between but questions keep running through my head.

Who is that boy I saw earlier?

Why am I here?

What do they want from me?

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the door opening. He's back, and now I'm just angry. They can't keep me here without any reason.

"Do you need anything? Food? Water?" He asks in a bored voice.

"Who are you?" I reciprocate standing up.

"Nothing? Okay then" he says ignoring my question completely.

"You can't keep me here without telling me anything. Let me go, or tell me why I'm here." I say in the strongest voice I can manage.

He scoffs. "I can do exactly what I want darling. Be happy that Judith wants you well fed and rested."

"Who's Judith? And don't call me dar..."

The door opens once again before I can complete the sentence, this time it doesn't close immediately. A woman who looks like she's in her twenties walks inside. She's dressed smartly and her short dark hair is combed back neatly. She gives me a polite but forced smile.

"Please excuse my colleague's rudeness. He means well. Is something wrong?"

They've kept me here for what feels like weeks without any explanation, and now she's asking me if anything's wrong?

"Why am I here?" I repeat, searching her face for any sign of what she is hiding from me.

She gives me an appraising look, "I know you're looking for answers, but this is all you need to know. Answers will come with time." She smiles sardonically.

"If there is anything you require, you just need to ask Cass. All I'm asking from you is trust."

"What is wrong with you people? Do you actually think that keeping me locked up in a dark room will help you gain my trust?" I'm literally screaming now.

"When the time is right everything will be revealed." She calmly walks back to the door, my eyes following her. At the door, she turns back "Thank you Arrow, for your cooperation".

***

I'm waiting for the door to open. Waiting for Cass or Judith to enter. Waiting to wipe off that smug look that they have on their faces.

I bite my tongue, annoyed at myself for letting them keep me here. Since I met Judith, the door has been kept closed. Cass has stopped visiting and meals are sled regularly under the closed door, and at times a glass of water to quench my thirst.

I blink my eyes several times as light streams into the room. Someone's opened the door.

"Come on darling, we're going for a stroll", Cass's silhouette jeers at me.

I rub my eyes, ignoring his endearment and the pain of my cramped muscles as I get to my feet.

I walk slowly to the door without a word, Cass grabs my arms, pushing me forward. I see two men standing stock-still on either side of the white door. What is with these guys and white? Ugh. I can't see the end of the corridor we're standing in, the white walls seem to be endless.

I'm blindfolded, and then Cass holds my hand. I grit my teeth,

"This way my lady".

I calm myself. This is the only way you're getting out Arrow. But still I can just imagine his mocking smile.

After dragging me through several turns and shoving me up sets of stairs, we stop. I can't quite put my finger on it but I get a feeling that something is out of place. We resume walking and I start to feel very uneasy.

Silence.

Other than Cass whispering to the guards, I haven't heard anyone or anything. Isn't anyone here?

We stop again. This time I hear the booted feet of the guards walk a few steps away from us as I hear the familiar noise of a door opening. Cass pushes me forward then removes the blindfold with quick fingers, as I turn to face him, the door closes with him on the other side.

I see a door at the opposite end of the room, identical to the one behind me. I walk towards it and grab the handle, twisting it. Surprisingly it opens and I push the door open, hearing voices on the other side.

Two boys are talking to one another. They turn to look at me as I walk in, both of them looking wary and tired. I wonder if I look the same.

I recognize the boy I saw on my first day here.

"You", I say without thinking, turning towards him, "I saw you when they first brought me here".

Okay Arrow seriously? Could you get any creepier?

He just smiles.

"This is Po, and i'm Chiro. It's quite hard to forget me even after just one look." he says winking.

I roll my eyes, but I instantly know I'm going to like them and it's good to know that I'm not alone in this.

I give him a playful punch and nod politely at the boy with glasses and a lanky figure, Po.

"I'm Arrow. Do you guys know wh..."

I hear a pounding noise behind me. It's coming from the door I just walked through.

"It's open!" Chiro calls out.

A boy walks in, and looks around the room. Po and Chiro go over to introduce themselves and welcome him but I hesitate to move.

He looks around the same age as us, tall, and slightly tanned. His body is toned, even though it's more on the lean side.

As I go over to introduce myself I notice how his raven black hair is straight and slightly wavy at the front. But everything seems like fleeting impression when I notice his eyes. I've never seen the ocean, but if I'd imagine it to be any color, it would the color of his eyes. Endless blue.

His voice snaps me out of my dazed state. "I'm Tyler", he says to no one in particular.

I force myself to look away. Gosh, keep it together Ro, you don't even know this boy.

"I'm Chiro. Don't know why we're here, none of us do. This is Po, and this is Arrow."

He nods his head slightly and gives me a small smile. I smile back, but I don't think he notices because the door opens again.

A pretty blonde girl enters the room. She's short, but the way she carries herself makes her look tall and confident. She introduces herself as Jenna.

Over the next half hour, a tall, well-built boy called Niklaus and a very pretty dark skinned girl, Neeta, join us. No one knows where we are, or why we're here. The only thing that we all have in common is that we've all turned sixteen over the last one week, and I'm not sure if that's a coincidence.

Everyone looks tired and drained, and the silence settles down heavily as we stop talking. The door opens once again, and our eyes turn towards the door, waiting for someone new to walk in. Instead, the lady I saw before,Judith comes inside.

"I'm sure you all have been waiting for this moment. It's time."

***