Turmoil

I hear the door opening.

I turn around to see Jenna walk in, followed by Niklaus. We're all back in the meeting room,this time even more anxious and impatient for answers. I turn back around to look out of the window, trying to spot Judith in the crowd of people.

After the news of the outbreak, the once deserted,silent corridors are now filled with people in lab coats rushing about, holding clipboards or going working on virtual screen ports, looking worried and busy. I haven't seen Judith or Cass since yesterday,when they told us about the outbreak,leaving us soon after that completely clueless to contact the other sub-states of the Realm. The others haven't seen them either, I'm guessing they're avoiding us, and our questions.

I sigh, turning back to face the others. Neeta looks up ,giving me a small smile. Chiro and Po sit next to her at the table. Tyler's staring, more like glaring at the door, his hands shoved into the pockets of his trousers, leaning on the wall. Jenna's pacing around, muttering under her breath, her hair falling in front of her eyes. Niklaus sits on the floor, in the corner of the room, fidgeting with his hands and staring at the ceiling.

We all jump to our feet as the door opens. A tall, dark skinned, who looks like he's in his mid-20's enters, a bunch of papers in one hand and a notepad in the other. He looks around the room, "Judith? Is Judith he-here?"he asks apprehensively, a sheet of paper falls out of his hand.

Neeta steps forward and gives us a wink before turning around, "No, she isn't here.Who are you?"Neeta asks soothingly, giving him a small smile."I'm Neeta, these are my friends. Judith said you might be able to help us, by giving us information on the outbreak."

Smooth.

Tyler bends and picks up the sheet of paper, scanning the top before it's grabbed by the man. "I'm Zeke."He organises the sheets of papers in his hand, placing the fallen sheet in its correct place. " She never mentioned it to me."

"Oh really? She must've forgotten. She said that you would tell us all about the outbreak." Neeta continues

She sounds extremely convincing. Man, I wouldn't be surprised if she convinced him to stand on one leg while telling us.

"What happened?"Tyler asks folding his arms.

"Well the boost-". I hear footsteps before the door opens once more. Judith walks in stopping abruptly once her eyes lay on Zeke.

"Zeke." She looks at his arms."Oh, the notes. They will be very useful in lab 4." She says crisply. When he doesn't move she motions him to leave.

"You want to know about the outbreak I suppose?"She begins, looking at Tyler. "An outbreak has begun. It started in sub-states Aliria and Purnum, but according to our calculations will spread very soon to the others . It's a threat to our society, to our people, to the entire Realm. We must stop it, before it's too late."

"Why did the boost lose its effect? "I ask.

"We're not sure and are still looking into it. We have to find the answer or we'll have to work on an alternative. That's why we need your help ."She pauses. "Because the boost has stopped working people are slowly becoming prone to diseases. As of an hour ago, nearly two thousand people are already dead."

I gulp. Two thousand people, in a day.

"Those who aren't affected are in a state of delirium. It's chaotic." She look frustrated. "If we don't come up with a solution soon, it will be the end of our society as we know it. We'll be back to where we started; before the last outbreak."

"How do we come into the picture?"Jenna questions.

"We need your help to improvise the boost. With your abilities we might be able to figure out the problem with the boost, and help create a new one. In return we'll give you a cure."She looks at us for a moment. When we don't agree, she walks towards the door.