Trapped

It's only five o'clock but I can't sleep any longer. I push the duvet off myself, swing my feet onto the cold floor and walk towards the mirror, stretching my arms. Pulling up my hair into a tight ponytail, I turn around and look at the messy bed, but don't bother to clean it up.

My eyes rest on the pile of clothes on the dresser, near the bed. I quickly change into a tight t-shirt and a pair of black pants. They fit me perfectly.

Wondering what to do now, I slowly open the door and peep outside. There are no guards in front of my door or any of the other six closed doors in the corridor. I smile, slowly shut the door and go put on the shoes kept by the foot of the bed.

And run.

It's always been my thing. That burning sensation I feel in my legs when I've ran too fast for too long, makes me feel more alive than I have in days. The wind blows against my face and the sound of my heart beating in my chest makes me forget time. I space out for sometime before everything that Judith told us yesterday plays in my head.

I'm going to be old soon. This can't be happening.

I can feel my legs starting to cramp, so I stop and bend down to catch my breath. I have no idea how long I've been running, so I decide to head back and have a quick shower before meeting up with the others. I can't stop questioning everything.

Is there a way to stop the rapid ageing?

How long till we die?

What will happen to us?

I suddenly bump into something. Oh wait, someone.

Tyler.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He says holding me by the shoulders.

"My fault. Yeah, I'm fine." I say stepping back feeling conscious. This couldn't get any worse. Unlike yesterday, I don't only look like shit, this time I also smell like it.

"Did we have to run in the morning or something?" He asks a frown marring his perfect face.

Great, now I sound like a fan girl.

"No. I just like to run." I say walking towards my door.

"You're in room 3?" He grins, "You snore so loudly, I could hear it while I was having a shower last night".

I turn around a horrified expression on my face. "Oh my god."

He studies my face for a second and then bursts out laughing.

"Asshole."

"You should've seen the expression on your face." he says before guffawing again.

I open my door and walk inside. I'm about to shut it, when he gives me a small smile and says

"I'll see you in a bit then Arrow."

I can't help but smile to myself when I stand under the shower.

***

My stomach is grumbling as I stand in front of the machine for the retina scan, and then open the door to the hologram room. Jenna and Po are seated at the table, a tray of buttered toast between them.

Jen turns to look at me, giving me a wide grin,

"Finally someone who doesn't have their shirt on back-to-front or drool on their face".

I must have looked confused because she continues, "Chiro stumbled in half asleep two minutes ago, mumbling something about super powers".

I can just imagine Chiro, and join in her laughter. Po just smiles. "We sent him back to clean up."