Taneka

Test Subject three died last night. And there was nothing we could do to save her, without anyone around. Since then we've left the labs and relocated to the lounge, talking about Trinisense and considering what we're gonna do next. 

After our stunt yesterday a few guards have been allocated to our building, preventing us from leaving the place. We also got a few packets of coffee. I don't know why  though, she's dead now. No more watch duty. It doesn't matter anymore, nothing does. We couldn't save her.

Currently Po, Jen, Tyler and I are seated at the dining table examining the record we stole. We haven't found anything different yet, the record is what it says it is, but with nothing else to do we decided to go through it.

Chiro, Neeta and Niklaus are making coffee for all of us, and I can hear Niklaus shouting at Chiro for spilling the milk. A minute later Chiro walks out wiping his face with a towel.

I look back at the hologram, we're on entry number eighty thousand eight hundred and seventy five. We decided to skip the first forty thousand entries or so as they were of patients twelve years ago or more.

We've been trying to find something about Trinisense, anything that can help us understand whats going on with us. None of us are showing any physical signs of aging yet, even though Judith told us that our 'clocks have begun'. Maybe she was just lying to make us work for them? But either way I can't shake off the feeling that the ordeal is about to begin.

We also have no idea how much the scientists have progressed in making a new boost, or finding a way to extract the parasite,Leekin, from the affected's brain. The one thing I know for sure is that the man I saw yesterday was undergoing Trinisense. I thought that they were sent to caring units after 6 months of trinisense.  I didn't know they were bought here.

Tyler's voice breaks me from my reverie, "Okay one thing we know for sure is that not everyone ages the same way. Trinisense affects everyone differently, so maybe its affecting us differently as well?"

"All of us? No one looks older. So its affecting all of us the same way?"

He shrugs.

Neeta and Niklaus walk in with coffee, and sit across us. Once they're seated Tyler continues,"Also these differences don't look like they're because of difference in gender. Every person going through this process, a trinisent, ages differently." 

I look at the others, from their expressions I know they're having the same thoughts as me. "Who's the eldest here?"

Turns out Chiro's the eldest while Neeta's the youngest. We're all sixteen, born in a span of three weeks. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Po scrolls down, he points to a particular entry. The name reads "Roberts". 

"Look at this guys. Roberts here grew an inch taller while most people just stayed the same."

"He grew at thirty? During the trinisense process?"

Chiro raises his eyebrows, "Hey, that's not bad, I wouldn't mind growing an inch or two", he winks at us. Being the eldest here, he surely is kiddish.

Jenna curls a strand of her hair between her fingers," Trinisense doesn't last a year for everyone, I remember seeing entries showing people complete the process a few days before or after." She looks hopeful, maybe our Trinisense would last longer than six months. 

We all sit in silence, occasionally sipping from our cups as Po scrolls down the transcript. I try to remember the last time I dreaded something this bad. Maybe the days I spent at the Child Care Center. I remember being scared that I would be left behind, or worse, not be given good room mates who'd I'd be forced to live with till I started working.