Ties

"Be careful,"Jenna winces as Niklaus pulls out another surveillance camera from the wall, wires dangling haphazardly. He places it in the pile by the table where Po inspects them, removing the tapes while Tyler numbers them carefully.

Currently we're removing the surveillance cameras around the building as we wait for Chiro to return with Taneka. Raina and Shawn left a while back once they were done poking us with their needles and trying to start meaningful conversation. Lynn and Zeke had to leave too as they didn't want to draw suspicion by staying with us for too long, but promised to return as soon as they could.

"What's taking Chiro so long?" Tyler asks glancing at the door.

I shrug, we're all nervously excited to meet Q who has the answers to most of our questions, and the solution to our Trinisense problem. THEM hasn't given us any new information yet except that our blood samples will be exceedingly helpful for their new boost. I'm sure its all just an exaggeration though, just another way to use us. 

I hear a crash downstairs. I stand up, and the others look at me expectedly. "He's back," I say with a small smile.

A moment later they enter the room, Chiro wearing a broad grin, rubbing his shoulder," Sorry I got a bit distracted and crashed into the closed glass door." I give him a vexed look. "Anyway"he continues,"This is Q Taneka everyone."

Q glances over us before collapsing in one of the armchairs." Sorry, just tired." He says gruffly. He's wearing a lab coat which I assume is stolen and a pair of scruffy black cargo pants. His hair is a wild mess and I spy a gun poking out of one of his pockets. Precautionary? But above all he's clearly older than thirty years of age. So it's true, he stopped the Trinisense process.

Q sits upright in his seat and looks around hesitantly," The cameras? THEM can't know I've met you." He says seriously rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Done. We've removed them all. We don't have much time to get acquainted, so I'd start talking if I were you." Neeta says smoothly sitting down on the couch opposite to Q.

Q nods his head agreeing and we all scramble to get seated. He takes a deep breath before starting," First I need to know which scientists you're working with."

"Zeke, Lynn and Jeremiah, we don't know their last names. Lynn and Jeremiah can be trusted, without them we wouldn't have been able to find you. They're in the main building right now." I say hesitantly, I know we can trust him but I'm not sure how much yet.

"Lynn? The one with the short red hair?"He's visibly relieved to see our nods. "She saw me back at the main building, I was afraid she was going to notify THEM. "

"Why did you return?" Tyler asks him cautiously.

Q sighs. " I should start at the beginning. I was once a resident of Xyre. A normal person living here, respecting THEM and their wishes. I was a property manager, assigning houses to kids and adults alike. When I was thirty I was brought here, and like everyone else  I knew I was going to undergo Trinisense. It was a fact that I had already accepted. But what I didn't know were the lengths THEM was willing to go to to hide the truth."

"Trinisents are required by THEM for one paramount purpose. During Trinisense we age far more rapidly, our body dies steadily becoming weaker,leaving us vulnerable. Brain matter is extracted from each Trinisent, during the last stage of Trinisense, in a procedure they like to call the Extortion Process." Q says.

What the hell.

"You're saying that THEM uses thirty year olds to extract their brain matter, for god knows what reason." I say.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying." Q says with a blank expression. "It is hard to believe but, we're talking about THEM after all." 

I nod spellbound. Whatever presumptions I had about THEM have all changed since I've been here. Q looks lost in thought. "My friend Ricky was the first to find out about THEM and their secrets,  and I didn't believe him and thought he was being paranoid. But when he mysteriously died and his death was hushed up I started seeing the truth and upon further research I had uncovered enough of their dirty lies to want to leave as soon as possible."