Truth

Solitude. Its consuming me.

I've been on the run, for exactly 487 days now, trying to find someone like me, someone who knows the truth. Who knows what truly happens in those underground labs, in THEM's sick minds. I can't really tell anyone, they won't believe me. They'll probably even send me back to THEM,the people who started this.

I try to blend in most of the time. Avoid speaking to almost everyone and shift sub-states every few months. I realised how different the other sub-states are from Xyre,after leaving it ,THEM lied to us. Xyre is a lie.

So are all the residents, lies. Their lives are all fake , not to mention short. Of course the other sub-states don't know what happens behind THEM's walls, behind all those white doors. But that's all behind me now.

I look at the table behind me. Empty.I still can't shake off the feeling that someone is always watching me, analysing my every move. Old habits do die hard.

The café is the best place to get up-to-date, without looking conspicuous.But today it's nearly empty, only two other booths are occupied excluding mine. I pretend to read the menu as I strain my ears to hear what the couple, sitting in the booth diagonally opposite mine, are talking about. They are clearly in their sixties, both occasionally sipping their drinks.

They are talking about the disease , well that's the only thing people have been talking about for the last four days .Thousands of people are dying ever day. No one has died due to a disease since the boost was made, not since the previous Outbreak. The unaffected people have started shifting states, trying to get away from the disease, forgetting the fact that it will eventually catch up to them in all their trepidation. It will. If THEM isn't able to come up with a cure. Or in this case improvise the boost.

People are wondering why its taking THEM so long to come with the new boost. Why? Oh I don't know maybe its because, they're just tinkering around in their underground labs, carrying out their special experiments, with special people who get front-row seats.

One thing I've learnt about THEM, is that everything they tell you is a lie. Pure Nonsense. Don't believe anything they say. For all you know, its the exact opposite of the truth.

I sigh. I was so submerged in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed the couple leave.

I close the menu and leave the café. Keeton is almost the opposite of Xyre. Everything there is uniform,and mostly just..white. Everything is white goddamit. It's hard to find anything remotely happy there, anything with just a splash of colour or joy. Keeton's atmosphere on the other hand is colourful, and mismatched. Its said to be one of the most beautiful places of the Realm. Although the Realm is not what people here think it is. It's almost as if they're watching the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Well, I'd rather stay here than in that black hole Xyre. Or should I say white hole? I've yet to come upon a sub-state where the people actually know about what's going on, what reality actually is.

No one in Keeton has been classified as 'Affected' yet, so it's one of the only sub-states in the realm which isn't in utter chaos, and where its people aren't in delirium.

The library café has just opened , so I go in and grab a book to read. It's one of those old books from the 20th to 21st century, 'Harry Potter'. Even though it's a children's book, I enjoy reading this one every time I pick it up. I sometimes even find myself wondering what it would've been like back then, when the world had nearly seven billion people and people used to earn money by writing books like these,story books, for fun, and not just for research. Now, people hardly ever read, unless its required for them to do so in learning centres or for work.

I remember in Xyre, we would be given a year off when we turned sixteen to discover what we wanted to work as. No one ever lives above thirty there, so they needed to start working early. I overheard yesterday, that THEM 's working with some people to find a way to improvise the boost. I hope that they've at least found out what the disease is by now.

Two men walk inside the library's café and I shift to a table closer to them. I pretend to read my book while I try to listen to what they're saying. They're talking too softly for me to understand anything clearly. I walk towards the bookshelf closest to them.

"I've heard there are a few people working with them,to improvise the boost." One of them says.

"John told me that he heard from someone that they're just teenagers", the older looking gentleman replies.

Wait a minute. Just teenagers? Oh no. THEM's using kids for their sick experiments now? Disgusting. And if its true that they are really willing to work with THEM, then I hope that they know what they're up for.

But whoever they are, they're my only chance of exposing the truth behind Xyre. I need to find them. But that's going to take some time and planning.

So for now, I just hope that they find a way to discern the truth from the lies.