Pelennor Fields

"Rosa?" Merry called from outside my tent. "Are you in there?" 

"Yeah, I'm just about ready, you can come in," I replied.

Merry pushed back the flaps of the tent and sat down on my cot while I put up my hair in a bun. He was decked out with armor and a small sword. Under his arm, he held a helmet.

"You know, I was thinking.." Merry started. "That as an advantage, you could read some things out of your books to defeat the enemy. Like Beowulf." 

"What?!" I turned to the halfling. "There's no way I would do that! I could read something out and one of the soldiers would go in!" 

I grabbed my belt and wrapped it around my waist.

"It was just a suggestion," said Merry. 

"Well you know I'm not going to," I replied. 

I put my sword in the sheath, grabbed my bow and quiver, then went outside to get Sheika. She already had her own armor on and tack. I mounted her and rode up to the front of the group next to Theóden and Èomer. Theóden looked at me then spoke. 

"M'lady, I'm afraid you will have to stay behind, it is improper for a woman to fight in a battle like this."

"My Lord, I'm afraid I will have to decline to that notion. It is improper to speak against the words of Lord Aragorn's command," I replied. I caught a smile tugging at the corners of Èomer's lips.

"Let's ride." Theóden nodded. 

Without another word, the army was riding to Gondor. Èomer shouted commands for the other armies to mount their horses and move. I glanced behind me to see a soldier sweep up Merry onto his horse. It was Èowyn, disobeying her uncle's orders and riding into battle. A brave woman she is. Without her, no one will defeat the Witchking, Lord of the Ring Wraiths. 

Soon enough we were riding fast, there were thousands behind our lead, but not enough to defeat Sauron's armies, which is why my three other companions left into the mountains, to retrieve the Army of the Dead. I just hope that they arrive soon enough before I get killed. I know that they arrive, but I don't know that they arrive before I'm long gone. From this world and mine. Forever.

"Hopefully we arrive at the Pelennor before anything happens," Theóden said. 

"And if not?" I asked. 

"It would be a pity," Theóden answered.

Ahead was a great hill, over that hill would be the battlefield. Where I knew, that already the battle had begun. We rode upwards and stopped at the top, looking over to the deadly scene. Orcs and Men were scattered everywhere. Soon the Orcs spotted our army and lined up at the bottom of the hill, right where the slope ended. Theóden went forward a few steps and paced in front of our armies.

"Rohirrim! The time has come!" He shouted. "The time we fight for the life of Men!"
The army shouted in reply.
"If we die today! We will die fighting!" 

Yes, but what if I die. Will that matter? Theóden rode to the end of our line, the men in front held out their spears, and Theóden rode past, hitting them with his sword.

I don't belong in this world at all. If I die, no fates will change.

He rode back to the middle, held his sword out in front of him, and let out a battle cry. Everyone shouted after him. 

"Rohirrim! Ride!" His horse reared to a gallop, leading the charge.

I guess it's alright if I die. Just make sure you die with a cause.