The Return.

Gandalf had politely asked the Eagles not to land in the Misty Mountains, they didn't want to go through all the trouble of walking through the mountains to Rivendell with a... Well, how would you put it... A deceased friend. 

So the Eagles landed right outside Rivendell. The Fellowship dismounted the Eagles and carried the Ring Bearer across the bridge to the dwelling. Mr. Gamgee was well enough to walk on his own, but he was very exhausted. 

Lord Elrond himself greeted everyone, happy for their safe return. He was a bit confused by their mournful expression but quickly understood once he saw the Elf of the company walk slowly across the bridge with his wife in his arms. Elven healers took the Ring Bearer and the woman into the House of Elrond. They would take care of the Ring Bearer, but what would happen to the Silvertongue, was to be decided. 

The company and Elrond met in the courtyard. Where it had all started, during the Council of Elrond.

"We should give her a proper burial." Aragorn, who adopted the woman as his sister, suggested.

"That sounds nice." Samwise Gamgee nodded in agreement.

"In Bree, outside her house, in her garden." Said Aragorn.

"Well, we must let the husband decide as well." Gandalf piped up.

"Husband?" Elrond questioned. 

"I wed them during the battle," Gandalf replied. "Well, Legolas? What do you suppose we do?" All heads turned to the Elf.

He sat in silence, staring at the ground. It was awhile before he spoke. 

"It would be proper to bury her at her birth home, but that would be nearly impossible."

"How is that nearly impossible?" Aragorn asked. "Of course her people are from a different part of Middle Earth but-" 

"She's not..." Legolas paused, wondering if he should tell them the truth without her permission- no. No, they had a right to know, she would have told them. 

"She is not from Middle Earth." Legolas shook his head. He wasn't going to tell them they were all living in a book, so he made up a bit of the story. "She is from a land called The United States. Far, far away from here. She had heard of Middle-Earth from folklore because where she came from, we were just a mythical land. Kay-Rosa loved this place so much, that she took one of the folklore books and read herself here. Therefore, we can not bury her in her birth country." All the time he spoke he didn't look up from the floor. This was a meaningful conversation. 

"She told you this?" Elrond asked.

"I am- was, her husband. Of course, she told me." Legolas looked up. His eyes were red from tears, his face pale.

"Back to the subject." Said Gandalf. "Shall we bury Rosa in Bree?" The Elf sat for a moment, then stood up.

"I cannot speak about burying her. Not now." Legolas left the courtyard and searched for the room where they kept Rosa. 

He did find it eventually, it was where his heart told him to go. He poked his head in through the doorway to see if anyone was there. It was empty, so he entered. Rosa was laid on the white bed, they had taken her armor off, leaving her in her bloodstained brown shirt and fairly clean pants. Her face and arms were cleaned of the blood and dirt. The air was taken from Legolas's chest as he looked down at her still body. He looked up for a moment, blinked away a few tears, and looked back down. 

There was a small hole in her shirt where the arrow had hit, just in between her ribcage, where no bones protected her from any fatal damage. 

Legolas pulled a chair from the corner and began dragging it across the room to the bed, but was stopped by something on the ground. He looked down and picked up Rosa's duffle bag, then continued dragging the chair to the bed. He stopped, sat down, and set the bag on his lap. He slowly figured out how to unzip a zipper and looked through the bag. 

Although many people called this rude and disrespectful and knew it as eavesdropping, he thought of it as a remembrance. He set the clothes aside and took out each of the books and laid them across the side of the bed. He held 'Beowulf' in his hand and smiled.

"There was a lot more in this you had yet to read. This was my favorite one, Kayla. I want to know how it ends." Legolas glanced over at her, then put the book down. "I still wonder why you took that arrow for me. You can be so foolish sometimes." 

He looked at the hole in her shirt and pulled back the fabric to inspect the puncture. The wound was deep, black lines spread out from it, like veins. It was no doubt these were the effects of a poisoned arrow. Legolas blinked away another tear and started putting all the books back in the bag. 

"I'd rather die than mourn over your death." More tears ran over his pale cheeks. "I might just have to kill myself to see you again." 

"You are being the fool yourself speaking like that." Legolas turned to Aragorn who stood in the doorway.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Legolas asked as Aragorn entered the room.

"You could say that." Aragorn shrugged. "Except I do not eavesdrop. I listen for clues on how I may aid someone."

"I do not think you can help me this time, Aragorn." Legolas looked back at Rosa. "'My heart shall weep until I see thee again'. That is what I said to her before she took her last breath. But I won't see her ever again." 

Aragorn shifted on his feet and kicked the duffle bag, causing some glass to clutter. Legolas looked at the bag, reached inside, and took out a glass bottle, the top was carved into a rising sun.

"Galadriel's medicine." Said Aragorn. "One to knock you out, one to let you read minds, the third-"

"Heal the most fatal wound, or bring people back to life." Legolas finished the sentence.

The two looked at each other, then ran outside to the courtyard. The company was still sitting, Elrond looked over at the two in question. Legolas held up the glass bottle. 

"In Lothlorien, Lady Galadriel gave this to Rosa as a gift. It may save her." Said Legolas.  

Elrond held out his hand. "Allow me to see this." Legolas handed him the bottle, Elrond held it up to the sun and examined it. "Yes, this bottle was glass-blown in Lorien."

"Well then what are you waiting for?" Aragorn asked. "If it can help her, why are we not doing anything?" 

"Rosa is dead, as we know, which will make it difficult for her to consume the liquid," Elrond explained.

"We could use a funnel," Pippin suggested.

"No." Gandalf shook his head. "That would be highly inappropriate."

"We will try everything we can. In the meantime," Elrond spoke, "You all will get well-needed rest, your journey was long and hard. It's time to finally have a good night's rest."

The company split up and left for their rooms. Elrond was right, they all needed their rest. After all, good things were going to happen.

A/N: Sorry for the slightly short chapter. I'm planning on making a Hobbit fanfiction after this book. Idk.