Treated Like A Princess.

"Oh my gosh, I forgot what breathing fresh air felt like. The House of Healing was so tight." I breathed in as I stood outside the doorway of the House of Healing.

I was finally allowed to get out of the place. I could walk around just fine, but the healers wouldn't let me actually leave the building. As fresh as the air was, the streets of Minas Tirith were crowded with civilians pushing carts, handing baskets to each other, soldiers walking.

"Come, Rosa," Aragorn pat my back. "I'll show you to your room." 

I followed him through the busy streets, many people gave me looks in reaction to my attire. We passed through each level of the citadel until we got to the top level. Aragorn nodded to the guards at the gate as we passed by, the doors opened before we even got to the first step. 

"Everyone here treats me like a king. I am no king." Aragorn muttered. 

"Not yet," I said. Aragorn gave me a warning glance and I shut my mouth. 

"Lord Aragorn." The guards nodded to us when we walked through the doors, they did a double-take look at me.

"Everyone here looks at me like they would a Faun," I said. "Maybe I should stop wearing pants." 

"Well, if I were being honest with you, you are wearing fewer amounts of clothing than any woman would," Aragorn explained. 

I looked at him in astonishment, glanced down at my clothes, then looked back at Aragorn. "Excuse me? Are you saying..." I glanced around at the few guards who were watching me then lowered my voice. "Are you saying that I am dressed like a whore?" 

"I did not say that," Aragorn replied. 

"But you implied it," I said. "Do you think I am dressed like a whore?" 

"No, you are dressed like a fighter," Aragorn answered honestly. "But they might." He looked pointedly up at a guard who stood at the battlements. He stared down at me before looking back up when we caught eyes. 

"Oh..." I slowly folded my hands behind my back and felt my cheeks turn pink. 

"This way." Aragorn jerked his head to the right. I turned and began heading that direction with Aragorn but we were stopped.

"Lord Aragorn." We turned to see Faramir. "You are wanted in the throne room, Gandalf requested you." 

"Is it alright if I escort my sister to her room?" Aragorn nodded at me. 

"That will be unnecessary." Said Faramir. "Alene, Lilia." He called out, and two young girls, perhaps the age of 12 or 13, came to his side. "This is Lady Rosa, you will serve her for the time being, please show her to her room." 

The two girls nodded and gestured for me to follow them.

We walked up a flight of winding stairs, and into a hallway, then through a door. The room was very big. Bigger than the one in Helms Deep. The floor wasn't cold stone but quartz, the bed had white curtains around it for privacy, the room was lit with just windows, which also had curtains. On one side of the room was a fireplace, on the other side, against the wall, was a dresser with a chair, mirror, and a collection of brushes, combs, hair elastics, and pins.

"I can take your bag, Lady Rosa." One of the girls spoke up. 

I looked down, her brown hair was pulled back loosely by a pin. Light freckles scattered across her nose, but she just looked at the floor without making eye contact.

"Yes, thank you. Tell me again, what are your names?" I handed her my bag and looked at both of them, the other girl had reddish hair, pinned back the same way.