Where Now?

It seemed like I had never left Minas Tirith. Alene was back putting a corset on me, with this fancy dress. After I put the dress on, Lilia braided my hair and pinned it in a bun.

"Never again am I wearing a corset. Got it?" I looked at myself in a mirror. "Damn... I look like a Victoria's Secret model." I laughed.

"Victoria's Secret?" Lilia questioned.

"Oh, just an undergarment industry where I come from. The models are extremely skinny." I replied.

Someone knocked on the door, I turned as Lilia answered the door. I couldn't see who it was, Lilia had just opened the door enough for her to peek out.

"Is Kayla- I mean, Rosa in here?" It was Legolas.

"Yes, but," Lilia looked at me.

"No, Lilia, it's alright. Let my husband in." I said. Lilia looked at me with a shocked expression, pointed at Legolas then me.

"Yes, now let him in." I nodded. 

Lilia opened the door wider and let Legolas enter.
He was wearing a white shirt that went down to his knees and split in the middle so that he could walk. He also had on light grey leggings and shoes that sort of looked like flats but closed at his ankles.

"Well, you look smashing," I commented.

"Smashing?" Legolas tilted his head.

"Handsome, or pretty, whatever you're commenting," I explained.

"Well, then you look smashing as well." He said.

"Thank you, but do women here learn how to not breathe?" I replied, looking at Alene and Lilia. The two shrugged.

"Well, I came to tell you that the coronation would begin in about thirty minutes. So we should be heading down." Said Legolas.

"Right." I nodded.

I and Legolas left the room and began our way down to the courtyard.

"Hey, so will your father be here?" I asked, wondering if there would be any change of Thranduil's appearance.

"Nay, he has his duties back in Mirkwood, but some Elves will come to represent my kingdom, and I will join them once the ceremony starts," Legolas replied. "Speaking of it, would you like to come live with me in Mirkwood?"

I stopped walking, thought for a moment, then continued down the hallway. Legolas caught up to me, and I spoke. 

"As much as I love the idea, and I do, but, the reason I came to Middle Earth, read myself into this story, was to live in Bree as a medicine woman and have a nice quiet life. I never thought I would read myself into this time. I thought it would be after the War of The Ring. See, I never expected to go on this journey, get so far, marry the prince of Mirkwood, die, and come back to life. It's all been too traumatizing."

Legolas held my hand. "I understand, it is alright if you want to live your dream and live a quiet life. I do not mind."

I stopped walking and turned to face him. 

"Are you sure? You are not bothered by this? You do realize, this could end our marriage... Legolas, are you positive, that you are fine with what I do, even if it may separate us?"

He leaned down, kissed my forehead, nose, then lips, held my hand in both of his, and pressed his forehead against mine. 

"As long as you are happy, Kayla love." He kissed my forehead again and we continued walking down the hallway.