The Black Gates.

The next morning, Lilia and Alene were waiting at the end of my bed. 

"Oh, good morning." I sat up. 

"We have your clothes ready." Alene held up my armor. 

"Oh... right," I sighed, pulling back the covers. I took the armor and clothes, walked into the bathroom, and changed out of the nightgown.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Lilia was making my bed and Alene was cleaning out the fireplace. I took my hair out of its braid and began putting it up in a ponytail. Lilia finished making the bed, glanced over at me, then at Alene. Alene looked at her with the same expression.

"You don't want me to go do you?" I said. Alene and Lilia looked down. "I will, I'm going to miss you guys too." 

"We are aware that after the battle, you and your companions will somehow return to Rivendell." Said Lilia. 

"Yes, that's true." I nodded.

I looked over, to see there was a stone balcony. I walked outside and set my hands on the rails.
"Pretty view eh, Rosa?" I looked to my right to see Pippin on his own balcony. I burst out laughing to see his happy face. "Would you like something to eat?" He held up an apple.

"Yes please," I replied.

"Catch!" Pippin tossed the apple over to me, I caught it and took a bite. 

"Thank you!" I yelled back with a mouthful.

"Who are you talking to?" Alene asked from inside. 

"A friend," I replied and I looked back to Pippin. "I'll be down in the armory in a few minutes!"

Closing the door behind me, I returned to the bedroom. Lilia held up my bag and cloak. 

"I guess I'll be going, girls," I said. "Thank you for your service. You've been great." 

"Goodbye, Lady Rosa." Lilia smiled, Alene curtsied. 

I took my bag and cloak, left the room, and headed down to the armory. When I got there, the Gondorians and Rohirrim were very confused as to why there was a red army. 

"Army of Hearts!" I shouted. The army turned to face me. "Other men, meet the Army of Hearts. They are here to help us. You won't see much of them so take it in."

"It looks as though you have this well under control, Kayla." I knew it was Legolas behind me, no one else here calls me by that name. 

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm no Ulysses S. Grant, but I think I'll be okay." I replied and turned to him.

"Ulysses S. Grant?" Legolas questioned. 

"War general for the United States," I answered. 

"Ah." Legolas now stood next to me.

Faramir walked into the armory and cleared his throat. 

"All soldiers to the first level of Minas Tirith!" Everyone but the Army of Hearts moved, they just looked at me in question. 

"Go on!" I waved them off. 

Once the crowd was out, I grabbed my weapons and followed, Legolas right behind.

"Kayla, how are you going to ride to battle without Sheika?" Legolas asked. 

"I'll get a new horse," I replied. 

"Are you sure you are ready for this battle?" He asked again. I furrowed my brow. 

"Legolas, are you implying that I won't be able to fight? I was just on the Pelennor, I think I'll be alright." I said.