Chapter Thirty Six-

Hey guys! So this is chapter 36 and I hope it's as exciting as chapter 35 was! I would also like to apologize for my being gone, I have a very difficult family situation and because of that it sometimes changes my schedule or makes me take trips to different states. Again I am sorry for leaving you hanging and I will try to make this chapter exciting for you.
Love,
   Katrena-Faddis
(Shout out to Bright_Fighter for always being such an amazing friend! Especially sticking by my side even if I am a sarcastic jerk sometimes.)
---------------------------------------------------------
Theo's p.o.v.-

           I was woken up by my phone ringing loudly beside my head. "Hello?"

          "Hey boss. I apologize for bothering you while you are on your honeymoon, but I figured you would want to know this first hand." Emanuel said almost hesitantly.

         "What is it?" I asked as I pulled Nikki closer to my side. I knew before the words even left his mouth that it was going to be about Nikki.

        "We have just received death threats regarding your wife."

         "My wife?" I shouted into the phone. "No one threatens my wife."

          Nikki stirred beside me and even slightly opened his eyes. "What happened?" She asked.

          I raised my hand and began strocking her hair to try and put her back to sleep. "Nothing, you need your rest."

         Nikki again pushed me away to sit up. "Theo, what's going on?"

        "Nothing that concerns you!" I shouted down at her before moving her out of my arms.

         "Boss?" Emanuel asked.

         I hurried out the door and down into our basement. "We need twenty more body guards out here now!"

         "Okay, I will send your best men down to the island in which you are staying." Emanuel said before hanging out.

                         ***
Nikki's p.o.v-

         When I woke up Theo was no where to be found. Seemed like this was becoming a really bad habit.

           "Theo?" I called out into the empty room.

           No sound followed so I got out of our comfy bed to go find him. I searched throughout the entire house and realized this was becoming a habit, we did something to be closer and then he runs.

        I again found him in the gym, but this time instead of taking his anger out on a punching bag he was taking a jog.

         Well if you count speed ten as a jog, I always considered it more as a sprint, but he seemed to have no problem keeping up with the quick pace.

         "Theo?" I asked, trying to get him attention.

          "Not now, Nikki!" He shouted at me. "Just go back to bed, I will be back in a minute."

          I thought about doing as he asked and just walking away. Instead went against what he told me to do, I marched up to the treadmill and yanked the key out. "No. I will not go back to bed just because you told me to! This is supposed to be a partnership, compromises should be made and you shouldn't boss me around like you run the world!" I shouted up at him. "Controlling an entire mob isn't enough power for you? You have to control your wife as well?"

           "What are you talking about?" He asked me.

            "You are constantly deciding everything that goes on in my life just like everyone else! You won't even tell me when people are threatening my life!" I exclaimed loudly. "You wonder why I kept those threats from you? I needed to deal with them myself. I can't handle overbearing, that's all I've ever had. My life has always been with at least one man in his thirty's walking behind me making sure no one kills me!"

           "What do you want me to do about that?" He asked sounding exhausted. "If I could know who these people were than I would go out and kill each of them myself, but I can't! I can't protect you from these people like I always thought I could."

         I pause. "What do you mean by always?"

         "I've known for a while before you came out here that they were after you. That's actually the real reason you came out to Italy. I wanted you with me so I could protect you." He sighed. "All I wanted was for you to have the life you're Dad asked me to give you and one of those things was to live."

       "Theo, we all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." I say, quoting Chuck Palahniuk.

        "I can't just sit around pretending that everything is fine, because it isn't and won't ever be." Theo shouted. "I can't protect your 24/7 and do you know how scary that is for me? I know that someone wants to kill you and all I can do is sit around until they come forward."

         "How do you think I feel? I know that someone is planning my death. I have been told all the vile and disgusting ways that they plan to dismember my body. They have left heart shaped letters telling me that they are going to kill everyone I love and because I'm not someone like you, there's nothing I can do about it." I said as my voice cracked showing how scared I really am. "And anyways you act like if you pretend it's not there it will go away, but it won't!"

         "I don't pretend it will go away! I just don't like discussing it with you. I tell my men everything so that they can protect you, but I try not to let you know because I don't want you to be scared." Theo sat down on the side of the treadmill. "You get this look in your eyes sometimes, it's like your saying okay to death. Every time I have ever seen you read or hear anything about your death you get this glossed look in your eyes and there's nothing I can do about it..." His voice broke off at the end letting me know how scared he really was.

--------------------------------------
Hey guys! Ohmigosh I know I have been away forever and please don't hate me. I beg for forgiveness from my amazing followers!(word count 1049)

Love,
Katrena-Faddis