Battle Rounds

The Battle Rounds

For the battle rounds I got paired with Caroline. Together we are singing Put Your Records On. As we started practicing I realized that I've never heard a voice so different but so amazing and I was nervous that she would be better than me and Blake would keep her, and my dream would end on The Voice stage.

When my name and age was announced and my name was lit up on the giant screen above me, I made my way out to the stage to join my competitor.

Me: three little birds sat on my window and they told me I don't need to worry

Caroline: summer came like cinnamon so sweet little girls double Dutch on the concrete

Me: maybe sometimes we got it wrong but it's alright

Caroline: the more things seem to change the more they stay the same don't ya hesitate

Me: girl out your records on tell me your favorite song

Caroline: just go ahead let your hair down

Me: sapphire and faded jeans I hope you get your dreams

Caroline: just go ahead let your hair down

Both: your gonna find your self some where some how

Caroline: twice more than I could take

Me: pity for pity sake

Caroline: some nights kept me awake

Me: I thought that I was stronger

Caroline: when you gonna realize that you don't even have to try any longer

Me: do what you want to girl put your records on

Both: tell me your favorite song just go ahead let your hair down sapphire and faded jeans I hope you get your dreams just go ahead let your hair down girl put you records on tell me your favorite song just go ahead let your hair down your gonna find your self somewhere somehow.

And when we finished the crowed roared in cheers and clapping.

"that was beautiful ladies now let's here some feedback from the coaches Adam?"

"wow that was the best battle i have ever seen on this show and Danielle you are amazing"

And from each coach I got the same feedback. I am amazing and i is unbelievable that I am such a good vocalist at this age.

Then Carson turned every ones attention back to Blake.

"your girls did wonderful tonight but unfortunately one of them has to go, Blake, who is the winner of this battle."

" this is the part of my job that I hate. You are both so good and... can't I keep them both?"

"no I'm afraid not Blake." Carson says.

" the winner of this battle is...

Danielle!"

I could not believe my ears. My hand instantaneously came to my mouth. I am the youngest person EVER on The Voice and I have never had a lesson in my life, and already I am advancing to the knockout rounds. I turn to Caroline and she congratulates me and I give her a hug. She has been a great friend to me and I hope that will continue.

I make my way off the stage and when I get back to the room where they are showing what is happening, I see that Caroline is about to offer her last words to Blake when Adam, And Usher push their buttons indicating that they want to steel her. Caroline's face lights up and after both coaches tell her what will come if she joins them she joins Adams team and then they are on with the next performance.