Knockout Rounds

The Knockout Rounds

I have been practicing Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood all week with Blake. It's not until Monday that I find out who I will either knockout OR get knocked out by. For this performance I am wearing a powder blue dress with a simple silver belt around the waist.

Blake is the best coach ever. He is super goofy and he teaches me ways to improve by doing crazy things that I never would have thought of.

Now Monday, and my team was standing on the stage, Blake had to pick to a pair of singers to compete first.

" Blake who are your first two singers?" Carson asked.

" I'm going to pair Savannah Berry, with Justin Rivers."

After Both were ready Carson introduce them,

" singing a long as you love me is Savannah Berry!"

As long as you love me were under pressure seven million people in the world trying to fit in keep it together a smile on your face even though your heart is frowning but hey now we both know, we both know it's a cruel world and I will take my chances

As long as you love me we could be starving we could be hopeless we could be broke as long as you love me I'll be your platinum I'll be your silver I'll be your gold as long as you don't shy don't hide

We both need some wings to blow just take my hand

As long as you love me we could be starving we could be hopeless we could be broke as long as you love me I'll be your platinum I'll be your silver I'll be your gold as long as you lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo love me as long as to lo lo lo lo lo la laa love me

When she hold that note at the end the round erupts with cheers. Next to go is Justin,

" sing The Climb here is Justin Rivers!"

during his song he hit some really high notes and he really amazed the crowd and the coaches. After the coaches had given feedback it was Blake's turn to choose who he wanted more, Savannah or Justin.

'' so Blake both of your singers did very well tonight, but we all know only one can be saved, who is the winner of this knockout?"

"Savannah, I loved that you could take a song that was totally pop and create a country version, and Justin you amazed everyone with those high and long notes so the winner of this knockout is Justin!"

After that every thing seemed to go in fast forward. And the next thing I knew I and the rest of my team was standing up on the stage waiting Blake's next match up.

" I'm going to pair Danielle Bradbery with Taylor Beckham."

We got set up and I got to go first, I wasn't so nervous to perform anymore, it kind of became a normal thing and the stage feels more homey now.

"singing Jesus Take The Wheel please welcome Danielle Bradbery!!"

She was driving last Friday on the way to Cincinnati on a snow white Christmas eve going home to see her momma and her daddy with the baby in the back seat fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline it been a long hard year.

Jesus take the wheel take it from my hand cause I can't do this on my own Oh Im letting go so give me one more chance to save me form this road I'm on Jesus take the wheel.

It was still getting cold when she made it to the shoulder and the car came to a stop she cried when she saw that baby in the back seat sleeping like a rock and for the first time in a long time she bowed her head to pray she said I'm sorry for the way I've been living my life I know I've got to change so from now on tonight.

Jesus take the wheel take it from my hand cause I can't do this on my own Oh Im letting go so give me one more chance to save me form this road I'm on Jesus take the wheel.

Oh I'm letting go so give me one more chance to save me from this road I'm on Jesus take the wheel oh take it.

When I finished for once I felt confident with myself I knew I did a good job and I knew everyone liked it.

I sat on the stool at the corner of the stage while Taylor sang her song and when she was done I joined her at the front of the stage where the coaches were awaiting my arrival. Compliments were given and in the end I was happy with what I did.

" that was very good feedback coaches but it all comes down to Blake. Who is the winner of this knockout?"

"the winner of this knockout is Danielle."

It felt good knowing that I was advancing to the live shows and knowing that my parents were watching all of this out in the crowd and they were going to be as happy as I've ever seen them.