CHAPTER 3

The morning came too soon for Percy as he was woken up by Artemis.

Percy rubbed his eyes and looked up to see a ready Artemis with her bow and arrows.

She looked down at Percy, "Wake up Percy, it's time for a hunt. Are all people in the future this lazy?"

Percy slowly opened his eyes, he looked at all the natural light that was coming from the outside along the upper edge of the walls.

He looked at Artemis standing above him, the light was behind her giving her a divine look, well she was technically a goddess.

Percy realised that he was actually staring at her, his cheeks turned red.

Percy shook his head as he got up from his spot near the fire and just stood there, "Ah.... What exactly am I supposed to do? I'm not exactly the best hunter you know, I actually suck at using the bow and arrow."

Artemis shrugged, "It's alright just come along so that I can see what you are made of."

Percy nodded to the goddess, well soon to be goddess.

"Follow me Percy," said the goddess, she approached a side of the room that looked flat and plain, but when she pressed it, it opened to form a door which lead to a type of tunnel going upwards, there was a ladder built onto the side.

Artemis grabbed onto the ladder and began climbing, she looked back to the still surprised Percy, "Well aren't you coming?"

Percy nodded and followed her, he stepped through the door closing it, he looked up and began climbing.

He focused on his grip on the ladder there, and once he knew he had a good grip he looked up, big mistake.

There a few feet above him was Artemis's behind, and Percy learned three things.

ONE, Artemis seemed to not have noticed, thank god.

TWO, to never look up when there is a woman climbing the ladder above.

THREE, that underwear needed to be invented soon, like fast.

Percy's face blushed as he looked straight ahead as he climbed the ladder.

The tunnel became brighter and brighter and before Percy knew it he climbed onto what looked to be the top branch of tree they were living inside of.

Percy came out of the hole and looked, and there was forest as far as he could see.

The wind blew on his face, exciting him, something stored inside of him, inside his soul, a sound that demanded he run onto the forest and kill the first thing he found there.

Percy stood there on the branch, his eyes glowed gold again like his fight with Kronos, and then he remembered Artemis.

The Artemis from his time, her character, the one time she had actually smiled at him, her loyalty to her oath and her hunter, but then he suddenly remembered this Artemis the one he was with, her smile, the way she tackled him to the ground, and how close their lips were.

Percy remembered all that and then he heard her voice, "Forever the hunt."

Percy's eyes glowed, before Artemis told him to follow her, he jumped of the tree branch arms spread out.

Artemis eye's widened, "No! Percy!" She jumped after him.

Percy grabbed another branch with his arms and spun himself onto the branch, he looked up and saw Artemis falling as well. He reached out his hand and grabbed her before she missed the branch and pulled her up next to him.