CHAPTER 9

"And so the Batman ran away into the night. Gordon's kid walked up to his dad and asked, 'Why is he running daddy?' and Gordon replied 'Because we have to chase him.' 'But he didn't do anything wrong.' came the innocent reply. And so Gordon told his son why, 'Because he is the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it need right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he is not a hero, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.' And thus the legend of Batman was born."

As Percy finished his story around the campfire silence fell. Everyone was looking at him in wonder.

"That was freaking amazing!" cried out Gerald as he jumped into the sky.

"Indeed Percy that was an excellent story," said Brain, "the future certainly has great minds."

Percy smiled, he had told them the plot of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight movie, and they loved it.

"But I don't get it why did he have to become the bad guy in the end?" asked Kim.

"It's a little ahead of your time little one," said a smiling Hector, "but I'm sure Opal will tell you all about it."

Opal shot Hector a dark look as Kim then started pestering her to explain, Hector in return simply smiled. 'Was there something going on between Hector and Opal?' thought Percy, 'nah couldn't be.'

Needless to say even though Percy received a clear mind from Athena he was still stupidly dense when it came to love. Sigh, why does he have be so stupid?

"Alright everyone time for bed," said Andrew as he got up along with Cora who was forcing Kim of her sister so that they could all go to bed. Andrew looked at Percy, "remember to wake up early tomorrow Percy we are going to see the edge of the circle tomorrow."

"I will Andrew, good night," said Percy. And with that everyone went their separate ways. Percy to his hut, Kila and Mila to their hut. And Gerald went to bed as well, and Hector joined him after a few moments, two guess what he and Opal were doing in the shadows unseen.

After an hour Percy walked out of his hut with the bow and arrows he made when with Artemis. He went to the practice ground where he trained the pack, that is the werewolves, and started practicing Archery.

As Percy shot into a tree he thought of all the things he lost in this journey. His mom, his dad. Who knew whether he was even going to be able to get back to his own time? He missed everyone at camp. Grover, Nico, Annabeth and even a little bit of Luke. that is the Luke that was his friend. Nowadays the more and more he thought about it, the less he began to hate Luke and more he started to pity him.

He even wondered whether Artemis was even going to love him. It had been so long for her, but for him it had been only a few days. And even when Artemis met a younger him she didn't seem to recognize him, maybe she forgot?

Percy couldn't handle it if she had forgotten him. They would be the worst case scenario. After Percy emptied his quiver of arrows and approached the tree and gathered them all up again. When he was about to start shooting again, he felt something.

His head started to threaten to split open. He could almost hear a voice calling out to him. Telling him to.... do something. Then he could hear the words, "light the way to the future."

It was Apollos words, but Percy did not activate it. Why was it getting activated? Did Apollos soul inside do it? Then why?

Percy's eyes glowed yellow and so he did the one thing he knew to do in a situation like this. He closed his eyes and started meditating. This time because his mind was so much clearer he appeared in his mind much faster. The moment he looked down he saw an arrow of light coming right towards him.