CHAPTER 12

When Zeus punished Hera for tying him up and rebeling, he tied her up over a pit to suffer. Her son Hephaestus, then tried to save her by trying to realise her. He tried to save the same mother through him out of Olympus just when he was a baby for being too ugly.

And yet Hephaestus tried to save her. He never understood it but at that moment he loved his mother, and yet he says he hates love.

But Zeus caught him in the act and as punishment he threw him out of Olympus and down Hephaestus went. It seems the god feel for one day and when he hit the ground he landed on an island ,Lemnos.

Lemnos was inhabited by Sintians they were basically pirates, but they took care of the injured Hephaestus and so the island became the main workshop of the god of the forge.

There was one special property about the island though. When Hephaestus hit the ground his ichor, that is his godly blood, spilt everywhere there by giving the land of Lemnos healing properties. And now an unconscious Percy Jackson with a ripped throat was lying in 2 feet deep crater in the ground. The mud creeped into his pores healing him, speeding up the process.

Golden light from the mud flowed from the ground and into Percy's body. They traveled inside his veins and glowed, causing Percy's body to look like a christmas tree. But as the golden glow did his work, Percy's eyes fluttered open slowly and suddenly his mouth opened and gasped for air.

Percy reached out and grabbed the edge of the crater trying to pull himself up. But his grip slipped and slipped down again. But he reached out again and this time he held onto a stone and pulled himself up.

'Water, I need water that will help me,' Percy thought as he stumbled to the ocean before him. He held his neck in pain as some of his blood still leaked from it.

The moment Percy's shoes hit the water he felt instant relief flow through him. The water flew through his legs and climb up his body and heal his cuts and wound. Percy fell to his knees and the water quickly made way to his neck.

Percy's eyes felt heavy as they began to close. But the moment Percy saw darkness, he saw something there. Dirty crimson red eyes stared back at him, taunting him. The moment Percy's throat felt better he yelled with all his might, "HECTOR!"

Percy got up from the water and walked there must be life here, he had to find it. And so Percy walked his way to what looked like a pathway between the coconut trees.

The island was tropical, and the smoke coming from the volcano indicated that the volcano was active at the moment, that meant the Percy was on an island either on the Mediterranean sea or somewhere along those conditions.

Percy walked in the pathway between the trees and soon the ground turned to a stone walkway, which was definitely man made. Percy began to feel hopeful that he was going to get help as he continued along the path.

After what seemed like hours to him, Percy stumbled onto a clearing and there in front of him was a town. This was proof that people lived here, but there was something wrong, something missing.

"Where are all the people?" asked Percy.

Percy walked around town. The houses were beautifully made. Each and everyone of them looked to be carved out of a single piece of stone. There was a flower shop which looked to have flowers carved into the walls of the shop.

Every direction Percy looked he saw beautiful statues or creations of art in general. That lead to a conclusion to Percy, that this island worshipped Hephaestus.

There were several islands that the god of the forge visited, but one stuck out to Percy, the island of Lemnos. So that meant that the volcano was actually the workshop of Hephaestus.